Re: How to write a new feedback topic

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Changing the language of the game

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I would like to add a feedback in the forum regarding the possibility of being able to choose your ingame language manually, however I am not able to make a new topic. Could somebody please tell me what I am missing resp. what I am doing wrong? Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (900 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jays100_31415

Technically, you just created a new topic Wink So I assume that you cannot create a new one in "Game Information" section on AHQ?

Have you tried to clear cache in your current Internet browser or use a different one?

In the worst case, you can post more detailed feedback here and I will move your post to the correct forum Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (882 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Ataashi,

thanls for your reply. I did want to write a new topic but the button to add a new topic in the feedback section is not available, so I marked it in the Technical Issues.

MY feedback simply is that I would really like a possibility to switch the language in-game. Also many other non-english users would like this feature to a variety of reasons, starting with translation errors (e.g. in the reddit post of a korean player). For me the biggest reason is that while being in a german guild I mostly inform myself on the game on english sites, be it your forum, reddit, discord, swgoh.gg or other external sites. This means I usually translate back and forth, which is in the end not that bad, but I do like to play in the original language.

As far as I know, the language is automatically chosen by using the OS language, a manual option like it is available in many mobile games would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for your time!

Message 3 of 4 (867 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi again @jays100_31415

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us! It would also be great if you could mention it in the general feedback section on the official SWGOH forum (yes, we have 2 of them Wink).

And I totally understand how inconvenient it must be to translate everything into English all the time, so I'm sure more players would appreciate such feature.

/Ataashi

PS And of course I'm moving this thread to our Game Information sub-forum. I will also change its topic.

Message 4 of 4 (857 Views)