Changing community lot type.

by loyabe

Original Post

Changing community lot type.

★ Pro

How to get the game to recognise a lot has changed. I always place the Oasis springs dust bowl on the lot that was a lounge in oasis springs, it shows its a bar but every week the game holds a talent contest there which does not work as it does not contain the items needed. Today while my Sim was at the gym i hovered over it and it said visit lounge but its not a lounge its a bar.

How can i get the game to recognise it as a bar and not a lounge, there are 4 other lounges so i do not want to change it back.

Message 1 of 10 (785 Views)

Re: Changing community lot type.

Hero (Retired)
@loyabe
Changing the purpose of the object in the "information" mode about the object does not work for you?
You can find it on the top left when you are in building mode. This is where you also add traits to the building.
I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 10 (755 Views)

★ Pro

This lot for me was impossible to change, even tried changing it to residential. The game still treated it as a lounge. The only way I have found it to work was demolishing the lot and leaving it blank.

Message 3 of 10 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@loyabe Did you try demolishing the old building (maybe change it to residential at that point - something to make it completely different to the game's id of it), save and exit, then go in build mode and change the "Lot Type" for the lot to your desired lot type, save and exit the game, then re-enter to see if the lot type assigned stuck or not? Then load your new lot from the gallery/library and make sure the lot type is correct, then save and exit the game and go back in and see if the lot type stayed as your desired type?

If it were happening in my game I would try something like that whole process, then if it was still acting up I would start over but first remove all mods and cc, then run a game repair and do that whole process that I mentioned and see if it will stick.

Also, does this happen if you try in a fresh/new game?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 10 (673 Views)

★ Pro

No mods or cc, so those can be ruled out easily. After Multi testing every save i have Previous to Get Famous, all are broken. I made a new Pre World save, just before expansions realise that is also affected. There is nothing i can do with any save made pre Get Famous, short of demolishing the lot and leaving it blank.

In a brand new save, started after the Get Famous expansion, it does pick a different lot and recognise its not a lounge and pick a different one.

Message 5 of 10 (621 Views)

Champion

So... in a 'new game' your game is functioning properly in allowing you to change the lot type, etc., but not unless you make a new game? Am I understanding that correctly?

Message 6 of 10 (609 Views)

★ Pro

Yes, sorry never noticed your reply but yes if i start a brand new save the game does recognise its a bar, not a lounge. Does not work on any save made prior to Get Famous release. This including the patch days before release.

The lots pre Get Famous do show correctly in build mode but not if you mouse over them in game mode.

In saves started before Get Famous, the only thing i can do is bulldoze lot and set to residential, and leave it empty or add original lounge back. Otherwise game thinks its a lounge, called Oasis Springs Dust Bowl.

Message 7 of 10 (573 Views)

Champion

@loyabe Do you think it would be useful to report it as a bug both to see if others have the issue and to see if the gurus can confirm and address this issue by an adjustment to the code that addresses older game saves that are affected?

Message 8 of 10 (559 Views)

★ Pro

I am airing on the side of of a bug, but i am also the only one with this issue. Which makes it impossible to prove.

I rarely change the lots in pre made worlds, the only other lot i have ever changed is the lounge in San Myshuno. Made it a penthouse in a few saves after city living release, unfortunately i do not have have access to them saves Currently, (new PC), so can not check if that lot is affected.

Even if it is a bug, with only 1 report it will never be sorted.

Message 9 of 10 (540 Views)

Champion

@loyabe If it's a bug go ahead and post it on that thread. That way you may be more likely to find that others have the same issue and they may have the needed 'saves' for the gurus to test or something.

Message 10 of 10 (535 Views)