Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Change Player Position

by RonnieDanger13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change Player Position

★★★ Newbie

Change Player Position: It would be cool if we could change player position to LW, RW, CM, RWB, or LWB.  It would be an easy change to make, and in past games you can only change players to ST, LF, RF, LM, RM, CAM, CDM, LB, RB, or CB.   I've noticed that the positions develop differently in Career mode, and I'd really like to change someone's position to that to fit my style of play in Career Mode.  The initial positions mentioned are kind of like unicorns (especially LWB / RWB) in the game, and in reality it's just a manager's choice of how they are utilized and how much defensive/offensive responsibility he wants to give them.

Change Player Position in Career Mode: It would also be really cool if you could change players positions in Career mode after you purchase them.  This way their progression would change based on the new position.  I know you can always play players out of position, but it really bothers me when I have a green dot on my formation for a LM when they are playing LW in a 4-3-3.  In that sense I'm kind of particular and I refuse to play with some of my favorite players because they are listed at a position that doesn't fit my system.  I.E. I would like to change Marcus Rashford to LW.  It really bothers me when tiny young players are listed as ST because their strength and heading develop unrealistically and you end up with a 5'7 135 pound player that has 80+ strength and better aerial stats than Zlatan. 

I guess I don't really care about changing their attributes, just the positions so players develop with my playing style.

Message 1 of 2 (94 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Change Player Position

Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (73 Views)

All Replies

Re: Change Player Position

Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback.
Message 2 of 2 (74 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help