Re: Chances of cross platform on NHL21?

by younever_know8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chances of cross platform on NHL21?

★★ Novice

What do you guys think the chances of cross platform are. Especially with the game being released on 4 different platforms. Would be cool if I could actually play against my friends on different consoles

Message 1 of 10 (23,535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hello, @zjack3898.

We currently don't have any details on cross-play coming to NHL. If it happens, you'll see an announcement on our official channels. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (23,495 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hello, @zjack3898.

We currently don't have any details on cross-play coming to NHL. If it happens, you'll see an announcement on our official channels. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 10 (23,496 Views)

Hey @zjack3898 

We might get a surprise announcement during the EA Play event or there could even be a nugget of info when they elaborate on the new PS5 magazine details, but NHL 22 would be a more realistic expectation in my opinion.

With a year of experience under their belt, I'd love the chance to go toe to toe against the Xboxers (and knock Nasher down a peg or two)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 10 (23,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is it that cross platform has been a thing for 2-3 years now, and many people are jumping on games with cross play. Yet, NHL hasn’t joined any of the other big games. Expansion is key and as a person who has played since 2007 I think this is lazy. It’s not that hard to implement a system clearly because other developers have done this with betas and multiple games now. Realizing the benefit as a marketer and potential money flow would expand this game. Many agree this is a dying game because EA doesn’t want to give the people what they want. 

Message 4 of 10 (20,079 Views)

Community Manager

@pbi5g2k30fqm 

I get how it looks lazy, but not adding cross-platform has absolutely nothing to do with that. It's not the easy addition people think it is. Should it happen, you'll see an announcement on our official channels.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 10 (19,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_AljoYou may want to pass this along to your system architects with Origin but EA Sports is actually in a prime position to enable cross-platform play.

It is not trivial, but if EA sports as a whole moved to a central account system I believe it would make the sports platform that much more enticing. I have other opinions for the sales model but EA sports going free to play for HUT/MUT etc. with optional buy in (say at 19.99) for franchise modes has always seemed liked the future and correct way forward.

For more detailed information on crossplay I suggest you pass along this link:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-03-20-tips-for-developers-making-a-cross-platform-game

EA sports are trending down in overall sales. I'm confident business is already looking at this and planning to move NHL and UFC to PC as well through gamepass and origin.

If business hasnt considered this I'm actually worried EA is gonna lose license agreements. Free to play and crossplay is the next step for the EA sports.

Message 6 of 10 (19,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

make nhl22 playable on pc/ make it cross play it’ll save the franchise so many pc players would love to play nhl again:/

Message 7 of 10 (11,900 Views)

★★★ Novice
@pbi5g2k30fqm They're really only just getting the servers manageable as it is, but fingers crossed for crossplay on 22 waiting to get a new console to see if they'll do it.
Message 8 of 10 (10,127 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So true, I would buy PC nhl 2018-2020 for the full price :D I also have about 11 friends who would buy it instantly after release. If someone will make a pc version with funny player and team names I would still buy it. If the graphics will be worst than EA nhl - I dont care and still want to buy it. This is huge money leak for EA and also big minus develop money for nhl game.

Message 9 of 10 (8,753 Views)

★ Apprentice

Would like cross play. 

Message 10 of 10 (7,156 Views)