Re: Challenge match rules need to change in tib league

by Trolloween

Original Post

Challenge match rules need to change in tib league

★ Guide

If you get to tiberium league with levels below 12 you never get a challenge game. This is really killing the game for me because it's totally random if I'm going to get a fairish game or a totally unwinnable one. It's really not fun to grind away winning 8-16 medals or so vs players 2-3 levels higher and then lose 24+ vs lvl 15s. It's utterly impossible to consistently gain medals when it's so reliant on not getting unlucky match ups.

In lower leagues you're very likely going to be within 4 levels of the cap so basically everyone gets challenge games because it's quick to level up to 9. But I've now spent 3 months getting to tib each time then wishing the end of season reset comes along because it isn't fun anymore. It simply takes too long to level up, at the current rate it will be another few months before I can even get challenge games nevermind actually having competitive levels. 

The only way I can get a challenge is when facing people in the league below, how does that make any sense? It's easier to win but I barely get medals, so I have to win two or three challenge games to make up for one loss vs a whale with level 15s who happens to have a hundred more medals and is in tib.

Either amend it for tib or the alternative is to radically change how much difference levels make in a game. But its almost impossible to win when every hard counter fails at a 5 level difference. When bikes lose to venoms and fanatics can kill chem warriors for just two examples its a totally different game that isn't fun to play.

Message 1 of 5 (350 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

A match limiter is nice so you could choose how tough or easy your opponent is. You could go 1 to 1 with a player on the same level, troll players 4 levels beneath you or get you face smashed by someone with a level 15 army. It goes on a range standard, like +1 to -1, +2 to -2, and so on. On higher ranges, it would be like +5 to +4 and -5 to -4. If you choose tough opponents, weak players will also be added for you to win against if you can't win against the tougher ones.

Message 2 of 5 (331 Views)

★ Guide

Am I the only one who thinks the rules should be different in tib? Just seems common sense that it takes an extremely long time to level up the higher you get so the game is forcing people to stay in lower leagues or just have a really bad time. There's also very few people with all units at a high level so it isn't the case that every match would be a challenge, just some of them should be. 

This needs changing or I may as well stay in the lowest leagues possible and just give up. 

Message 3 of 5 (309 Views)

@Trolloween Start over on another account and just focus on leveling up the basic units. You’ll see how much fun it is.
Message 4 of 5 (300 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I agree with that. (Just a point to raise: u need average squad level of 11 to have challenge match in tiberium)

It is not hard for players with 9-10 level squad to promote to tib. But once they reach tib, they cant gain medals as in lower league because it is too easy to get battle with outlevel squad player and losing medal that can hardly earn, without challenge battle status. It is frustrating especially for competing in rival race.

Message 5 of 5 (286 Views)