Centurion shield overpowered

by SacredHeresy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Centurion shield overpowered

★★★ Newbie

When the next balance update comes out can you please fix the damage reduction or.proc rate of the Centurion's shield.  It is WAY too cost effective.  My last match is a great example.1 mg unit, 1 Wo ernie and 1 Titan all attachlking a single Centurion, with an Ion Cannon thrown in and hes still well over 50% life.  A 100 credit unit lives through a 130, 100, 30 and a 130 credit in cannon.  Where is the. Balance? You could say time to build, but the titan takes as long to get out....

Message 1 of 4 (908 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Centurion shield overpowered

★★ Apprentice

Literally any attack destroys the Centurion's shield. Send a rifleman in to kill the shield before the Titan fires. Then it has a several second countdown before the shield comes back. 

Whatever the first attack is will do no damage at all to the Centurion. Once the shield is down, you start dealing damage. Use your slow-firing, heavy-damage weapons after the shield is down. 

Also, the Centurion is a heavy anti-vehicle vehicle. If your Titan's first shot is what takes down the shield, the Centurion has a nasty tendency to win the matchup. In your case, we hope the MG squad is the first to engage and kills the shield. The Wolverine is a decent shield breaker, but is really here just to be cannon fodder and should run away if you don't need it for anti-air business. If at all possible, the Titan should completely avoid the Centurion and its large cannon until the MG Squad has killed the shield, then it should run in and blast it.

As for your Ion Cannon, it sounds like it hit right as the Centurion's shield came up, and thus acted as a shield breaker again, causing no damage. Ouch. I feel your pain. I have done that before.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (852 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Literally any attack destroys the Centurion's shield. Send a rifleman in to kill the shield before the Titan fires. Then it has a several second countdown before the shield comes back. 

Whatever the first attack is will do no damage at all to the Centurion. Once the shield is down, you start dealing damage. Use your slow-firing, heavy-damage weapons after the shield is down. 

Also, the Centurion is a heavy anti-vehicle vehicle. If your Titan's first shot is what takes down the shield, the Centurion has a nasty tendency to win the matchup. In your case, we hope the MG squad is the first to engage and kills the shield. The Wolverine is a decent shield breaker, but is really here just to be cannon fodder and should run away if you don't need it for anti-air business. If at all possible, the Titan should completely avoid the Centurion and its large cannon until the MG Squad has killed the shield, then it should run in and blast it.

As for your Ion Cannon, it sounds like it hit right as the Centurion's shield came up, and thus acted as a shield breaker again, causing no damage. Ouch. I feel your pain. I have done that before.

Message 2 of 4 (853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I couldn’t agree more. 

Message 3 of 4 (801 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The unit is one of the bad units of the game, simply sent in infantry like two laser missile trooper Or grenadier jumpier at it. It will be brought down cheaply given the time. I have mutant and jump sets for tech units like sandstorm , titan and centurion. It is also weak against air, so any ground attack planes will take it down. 

Message 4 of 4 (766 Views)