Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Career Mode editing messes up positioning!

by SwamiFades

Original Post

Highlighted

Career Mode editing messes up positioning!

★★★★★ Newbie

On PlayStation 4, when you go into edit your players so for instance maybe Danny Welbeck wouldn’t wear BLUE gloves while he plays for Watford, but if you want to customize other players for example Deulofeu, after you customize his appearance his position changes and it completely messes up his stats and overall because of the position change. Why? This never happened on FIFA19’s edit mode. All players stayed in their position. And also, why can’t I change their positioning anyway? We could in the last game. This seems so simple. Why is this happening? Please don’t ignore career mode or I’m done buying for good. 

Message 13 of 26 (1,667 Views)
Highlighted

Editing a player's stats changes their position

★★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Kick off
Which part of the mode? Classic Match
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the player editor, edit any stat for any player with postion CM (or LW/RW/CF). The player's position will change to CAM (or LF/RF/ST), and there will be no way to change the position back to CM.
What happens when the bug occurs? Using the player editor, edit any stat for any player with postion CM (or LW/RW/CF). The player's position will change to CAM (or LF/RF/ST), and there will be no way to change the position back to CM.
What should be happening instead? The player's position should be unchanged.

Using the player editor, edit any stat for any player with postion CM (or LW/RW/CF). The player's position will change to CAM (or LF/RF/ST), and there will be no way to change the position back to CM.

Message 1 of 26 (1,684 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Editing a player's stats changes their position

★ Novice

I had the exact same issue on Xbox One. You go to edit a player's boots (I'm OCD like that), click on save, and their position changes from their original LW to a LF. If they have two positions originally, such as LW/RW, it just changes to the one - LF. 

Message 2 of 26 (1,663 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Editing a player's stats changes their position

★ Guide

It's bad enough that we can't create/edit a player to be a CM, LW, RW, LWB, RWB and now, if we just edit ratings or boots, it gets CHANGED and we can't fix it?! That is unacceptable! Not buying this unless it gets patched. I do a ton of editing and I am just not going to mess with that.

Message 3 of 26 (1,657 Views)
Highlighted

Player Edit position change bug

★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? ProlongedVirus
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to edit any player in either kickoff or career mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you edit a player’s boots, stats, kit fit, etc, their position will be changed even if you didn’t want to change their position. This happens mainly with LW/RW/CM and other positions that you cannot manually change to in the edit player mode. The primary position will be changed to the closest available position (for example, CM changes to CAM) and the secondary position, if the player had one, will be completely erased.
What should be happening instead? The player’s position should remain as their original one and the secondary positions should not be erased.

In the picture below Xhaka, who is a CM/CDM, becomes CAM and his secondary position of CDM is removed.

Message 4 of 26 (1,708 Views)
Highlighted

Broken Formations/Squads

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? JollyOlOllie
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Basically go into career mode, think its not just that though, and change your formation and players and then when you get ingame thy will switch to something random, same if you bring subs on.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically when i change my formation and or bring on subs the formation and or the position of players change randomly.
What should be happening instead? This shouldnt happen, they should be as i set them.

Basically the game is unplayable cos it will randomly put players in the wrong position.

Message 5 of 26 (1,717 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Broken Formations/Squads

★★ Novice

Also i had lots of trouble posting this as it was litrally doing nothing for a good five minutes after clicking the submit button.

Message 6 of 26 (1,715 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Broken Formations/Squads

★★ Novice

Any fix for this?

Message 7 of 26 (1,684 Views)
Highlighted

FIFA 20 Editing Players problem (10 hour trial)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The editing system has become worse... When you edit players in position CF (Center Forward), CM (Center Midfielder), and Left Winger or Right Winger their positions automatically change... Center forward changes to Striker after finish editing, Center Midfielder changes to center attacking midfielder, and Wingers change to forwards... This needs to be updated and fixed as it's a big issue. Also why isn't there an option to edit skill level just like weak foot? There needs to be an option to edit skill level. New editing system is terrible even after your finished with a player it exits you from the whole editing menu... Really disappointed so far with the new FIFA and this matter needs to be taken care off. I'm not even sure if FIFA 20 will be worth buying if things like this are already an issue in the game when it wasn't an issue in FIFA 19. This is why EA should have released an open beta instead of a personal beta as it seems like issues weren't forwarded and resolved. I'm sure there's more issues I just started my FIFA 20 10 hour trial and have already found an issue in span of 5 minutes in the trial. I will make more posts when I find more issues.

Message 8 of 26 (1,711 Views)
Highlighted

Re: FIFA 20 Editing Players problem (10 hour trial)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @JJcity0 

Thanks for letting us know about this - we've already passed it onto the team to review.

- Andy -

Message 9 of 26 (1,681 Views)
Twitter Stream