Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: FIFA 20 Editing Players problem (10 hour trial)

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Highlighted

Youth player changing position when editing player in Career Mode

★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Vidido17
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Promote a youth player WHO is a RW/LW to your squad Try to edit anything on the player (boots, shirt tucked/untucked, wrist accessory etc)
What happens when the bug occurs? The player in these positions will have their position changed. (LW becomes LF, RW becomes RF) this leads to the player having his OVR changed.
What should be happening instead? The player should retain both his position and OVR

This could be solved easily by giving us the option to change the position of the player ourselves. 

Message 21 of 26 (450 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Youth player changing position when editing player in Career Mode

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Vidido this bug is not youth player specific - it can actually happen on any player in career mode. People have already complained here, however, since this bug has zero impact on FUT mode, I doubt EA would fix it soon.
Message 22 of 26 (429 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Youth player changing position when editing player in Career Mode

★★★ Novice
@URBirdman Well, they fixed last seasons issue with players not wanting to go on loan (even though it took them quite a while). And with all the new features in Career Mode this season I am living in the hope that they are starting to support this mode a bit more than the case has been before
Message 23 of 26 (407 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Broken Formations/Squads

★★ Novice

Me and my friends have the same problem when we play in online friendlies.

Randomly, the game put my striker on the left wing and the wing as a striker, my CAM on the right side of the pitch and the RW as CAM. And if you try, in the pause menu, to change their posistions is not possible. I also tried to change the formation. But when he returns to the game the formation remains the same with the players who remain glued to the positions that the game has chosen. In addition, occasionally, some bench players start on the 11. The only way to solve this problem for the moment is to restore the teams, but for those who play with custom teams like me and my friends, it means having to redo the whole team every time

Hope you can fix this problem

thank you

Message 24 of 26 (417 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Broken Formations/Squads

★ Novice

I also have a similar issue in online friendlies- match 1 is fine, but from match 2 onwards it completely changes my custom squad and it doesn’t allow changing players or making subs when paused. Crazy. 

Message 25 of 26 (382 Views)
Highlighted

Re: FIFA 20 Editing Players problem (10 hour trial)

Community Manager

@EA_Andy wrote:

Hey @JJcity0 

Thanks for letting us know about this - we've already passed it onto the team to review.

- Andy -

I merged various reports of this from separate threads into this one. It's been passed along to the team and we also have a career mode megathread discussion we encourage you all to join here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Career-Mode-Issues-Megathread/td-p/8244343/highlight/true

Message 26 of 26 (348 Views)
Twitter Stream