Career Mode Youth Player Sales - Is it me?

by Smudger691

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Career Mode Youth Player Sales - Is it me?

★ Apprentice

On the whole, I think Fifa18 is excellent.  With a few minor exceptions I find the gameplay excellent, and with a few slider adjustments I can set it just right for me.  However, I mostly play career mode and I like to meet my targets.  I have just finished the Jan xfer window of season 2 "make £2.6m on youth player sales".  In the 2 seasons I have been able to sell 0 (zero) players.  This season alone I have had 18 "Talks broken down" and not one has gone through.  Although I hate reloading a game, as I had 3 sales pending I decided to see if it made a difference.  I reloaded 15 times and the result was the same each time.  Is there anything I can do to get a sale to go through.  Nearly all of the players involved are still on their basic £440pw contracts.  It seems there is something in the coding that prevents youth players sales.  I've had a couple go on loan, but no sales.  I like to try to develop my own players, and need the youth sales to fund purchases, but it is impossible as they ALL break down.  Anyone got any advice (I'm sure this is a known issue, and EA could have patched it, but as it does not generates continued revenue, EA do not seem prepared to address this issue).

Message 1 of 7 (9,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Career Mode Youth Player Sales - Is it me?

Community Manager

@Smudger691 Thanks for the post, I will pass your feedback onto the studio team. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (9,694 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Smudger691 Thanks for the post, I will pass your feedback onto the studio team. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (9,695 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thank you
Message 3 of 7 (9,346 Views)

★★★ Novice

Honestly. This has been a bug that was reported way back in 2016. Just remove it if you can't fix it. Also fix stamina and strength growth on players from academy. i have players that are over 20 years of age without enough stamina to last 45 minutes and so low on strength that they're being blown away on a cold and windy night in Stoke!

Message 4 of 7 (7,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s weird but you have to sell your youth player after the transfer window not during. I sold two players one during and one after and the percentage change only when the player was sold after the transfer window ended. 

Message 5 of 7 (5,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just confirmed the previous post. Weird. need to spread this word.

Message 6 of 7 (2,274 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @BIgMan5343,

the post is already very old - therefore I close the thread at this point in accordance with the forum rules regarding necro-posting.

If your problem persists, or you have a current concern, please make a new post.

Please always pay attention to the date of the last post, and when the thread was created. Thank you!

/closed

~rephii

Message 7 of 7 (2,249 Views)