Career Mode Suggestions.

by Dimitri88Vegas

Original Post

Re: Issues still not resolved in Career Mode and Game Play

★★★★★ Guide
FIX CAREER MODE! YEAR ON YEAR WE SUGGEST AND YOU IGNORE! FIX IT, PLENTY OF SUGGESTION FROM BOTH THIS YEAR AND PREVIOUS YEARS, USE THEM FFS!

GREEDY ...........(hold me back guys)
Message 131 of 165 (1,024 Views)

Fifa 21

★★★ Newbie

I love playing carrer mode with teams of 4 or 3 division with generic stadiums, its a way that can we buy stuff from the catalog to edit the stadium, like the color of nets instead of white we can have any color, or the shape of the grass, things like that 

Message 132 of 165 (992 Views)

Re: FIFA CAREER MODE SUGGESTIONS

★ Apprentice
@CharlesKormoh The 6 months is legit - Bosman transfers are real. BUT agree that they just sign, there's no "well let me talk to my current team about an offer" or "let me hear from some other teams" or anything
Message 133 of 165 (928 Views)

Re: Career Mode Suggestions.

★★★★ Novice

Improvements to features we already have (mainly the Youth Scouting)

• The ability to identify which youth players are 'Eligible' for a specific objective, it's hard to remember when a player was signed etc. - particularly when the objective is for multiple seasons. The number should also reduce if the player is no longer with the club - it currently seems to be accumulative.
  • You should be able to negotiate a new contract with a player who is out on loan.
  • You should be informed when a youth scout has ended their time in a country and (ideally) given the opportunity to send them straight back out/extend their stay. The option for the scout to continue scouting a country until you say otherwise would also be a nice feature.
  • It's been a feature for a while now, but the number of players you can get with a max potential of 94 (and in many cases, an also very high min potential) is ridiculous - I'm approaching an XI of players with a max potential of 94 and the min potential for many is the high 80s (one has just been given a potential of 93-94). Granted, this is with a youth scout with 5 stars in both sections and over several years, but it is a little unrealistic
  • When a player goes out on loan, you should be able to see the appearances, goals etc. for the club they are with, not just your club, so you can see if they are getting enough play time.
Message 134 of 165 (842 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Heathey1994 Also, when selling players, there's not the option to play clubs against each other to increase the price and the player won't (really) speak to both - the likelihood is, they'll either accept the first offer or reject both. The same should be applied when buying players if the selling club receives multiple bids.
Message 135 of 165 (841 Views)

Gameplay bugs

★★★ Novice

I've had every FIFA game since 2001, spending endless amounts of money on them in the process. 

I've noticed with this current FIFA20, there are quite a few bugs. The mode I play the most is Career Mode, and I find the fouling system is completely flawed, the smallest of fouls earn yellow cards, and even red cards, and those fouls are nowhere near bad enough tackles to earn a red card. There should be an internal counting system for each player, after three small fouls then a yellow card is issued, and only after a really bad tackle, or 'last man' foul, then a red card can be shown.

In the transfer market, not every player that I've had 'for sale' or 'for loan' get offers recieved for them, and sometimes even if an offee does arrive (usually multiple offers), a message comes through saying that "negotiations have broken down..". Typical, eh?!

As probably everyone knows with this FIFA20 title, with rival teams putting out weaker players, then a patch appeared for that bug, which in itself created another bug, where the teams were now putting out the strongest teams for EVERY MATCH.. and then those teams do not get beaten, at all. Take Manchester City for example, 12 games into the season, 12 wins 49 goals scored, then only 5 conceded. Would that happen in the real world? Not to that extent, no! That Manchester City team put out their strongest team for every match, even when their players fatigues are below half way at the start of the game. Broken.

Even the simplest of tasks.. running with the ball.. so you're clean through on goal, only the 'keeper to beat, press the shoot button.. and then the player runs past the ball, waits for the ball to catch upto him and then takes the shot (by which point it's too late, as the keeper is already behind him). Another side of this is that when you're in a foot race with a defender, say Mo Salah against Sokratis, somehow their pace is exactly the same, and Sokratis is able to win the race against Salah. One more thing while we're talking about running, when there's a loose ball, race between an attacker, and a goal keeper, somehow the 'keeper always wins, despite there being a bigger distance between' keeper > ball and attacker > ball. 'Keeper always wins. Broken.

Other simple things -

- Strength, somehow weaker players are able to easily out-muscle stronger players.

- Tackling, when the user makes a tackle, 9 times out of 10 the computer already knows the tackle is being made, so is easily able to turn away, almost as though it can see it coming. 

Please let me know if anyone else has had any of these issues as well. Hopefully FIFA21 won't have these as well. 

I'd like FIFA21 to have better statistical updates, like when a team wins the league, the commentators don't keep saying (in the next season) that that team hasn't won the competition in 20+ years. Also when a player breaks the goalscoring record, that gets automatically updated as well. 

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN YOU PUT GARY NEVILLE AND MARTIN TYLER AS THE BLOODY COMMENTARY TEAM. NOBODY LIKES ALAN SMITH. Thanks. 

Message 136 of 165 (771 Views)

Re: Gameplay bugs

★★★★ Apprentice

I actually left a comment on the general section about the refereeing, in my case having been a soccer referee for 3 years at different levels, it's absolutely terrible the calls they do.  I had a play where my Striker was about to push the ball in front of the goalbox and gets a hard sliding tackle, penalty was called but no card given, just a verbal warning.  The only time I did something like that, a defender disallowing a goal on the line with his hand and not giving a RC was when I did my 1st or 2nd game as a ref at a coed tournament.  This is FIFA, not a little kids game.

In terms of career mode, I've left a lot of feedback and I hope to see it in FIFA 21.

Message 137 of 165 (649 Views)

Career Mode - FIFA 21

★ Apprentice

Career mode for FIFA 20 was nothing but massively underwhelming this year, we were promised a massive overhaul of it and the final product was nothing short of disappointing. There’s so much that could be changed to improve it like a more interactive youth system, positional changing, more real life stadiums for the bigger teams in the lower leagues. 

1) Being able to apply a commentary name to youth players - When you play with lower league teams you massively rely on finding those hidden gems to improve your team, especially if that team has a little budget and the player not being able to have a commentary name kinda ruins it. 

2) More realistic transfers - When playing with big teams it’s almost impossible to offload the dead weight because those younger players don’t want to move abroad (which seems to be the only place you get transfers for them) Also having the ability to sign a player and loan him out instantly improves the game automatically (and we’ve had that feature before) 

3) When starting a second season with a squad under the minimum amount you get auto assigned random free agent players, which is just annoying. It kills the fun of doing a big squad rebuild and you just can’t seem to get rid of them. We haven’t had this before and it’s just annoying, and it needs to go. 

4) Bugs - Such as the invisible trophy, invisible feet and even the invisible ball. There’s much more like graphics being displayed incorrectly, players getting suspensions for “accumulating too many yellows” when sometimes they’ve only had 3. There’s just too many bugs and glitches too go through, those listed are the tip of the ice berg. 

5) Commentary - Again, and again and again commentary in Fifa just makes the game less enjoyable. Whilst Derek Rae and Lee Dixon were a fresh input into the game, Lee Dixons over-explaining of formations is just as annoying as Alan Smith is in general. Stuff like mispronunciations of names, wrong commentary inputs and just stupid and un-funny quiffs make the game as frustrating as it already is.

6) Lower League displays - Could you try to make the Lower Leagues display menus/in game graphics a bit more unique like the major leagues? Instead of it being the same as the unimportant leagues/domestic trophies?

7) Cup Draws - EA hit the nail on the head in FIFA 11 where you could watch cup draws take place live, stuff like interactive transfers/interviews were a good idea but it wasn’t executed well and is just another boring and almost burdening part of the game. 

For a game we get charged £60+ for I, and a lot of the FIFA community don’t feel like we’re getting value for money, the majority of the focus is pumped into Ultimate Team whilst bits like Career mode and Pro clubs are largely untouched. I’ve been an avid Fifa player for just shy of two decades now and the game seems to deteriorate as the titles go on. As much fun as Ultimate Team can be at times, it also requires a lot of money to be pushed into it to obtain a good squad which for some people just isn’t doable 

Message 138 of 165 (660 Views)

Re: Career Mode - FIFA 21

★★ Guide

- Being able to look/manage your U23 & academy so if your scout brings good youth players then you can send them to your U23 team so he can develop over there.

- One of the biggest thing that I want is SIMULATION where I can watch my team play with me doing tactics, just like Football Manager

Message 139 of 165 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Liamt75 I totally agree, I personally think that Career mode needs a massive change for FIFA 21. It feels like we been playing the same mode for the entire Next-gen Era. The patches in FIFA 21 need to change, and be more meaningful in the future.
Message 140 of 165 (565 Views)