Issues still not resolved in Career Mode and Game Play

by aenima6969

Original Post

Issues still not resolved in Career Mode and Game Play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Not that it matters because its March and the game is already old news, but I will post these anyway just in case someone actually reads this and cares to make needed improvements to this game.  Maybe we'll actually get a CM that's better in Fifa 21?  If you do care here are some issues that are still in the GAME PLAY that need to be addressed.   And some of these should probably be addressed now.

This is on PS4 but im sure its similar on Xbox and PC.

1)  Created players - When you try to buy one of these players from another team you cannot, it says the player just arrived and will not move again.  In the date it says the player joined the tea in 2560 or something similar .  I highly doubt we can time travel to 2560.  So basically the only way to get the player is to wait until their contract expires if it ever does and then get them on a free.  This seems to happen on new career mode saves so something happened during updates, because back several months ago, I did not notice this.

2) CPU teams in lower leagues are not buying players so they run out of players when players either retire or are sold and the match is forfeited or they have an outfield player playing GK if they only have 1 GK and he is injured.   This does not happen in the top leagues, Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 etc, but in definitely occurs in the lower english leagues for sure.

3) CPU teams seem to only want to loan players from my team.  I rarely see them loaning players to each other in the game if at all.

4)  Unrealistic player demands.  a 16-17 year old wants to play in a cup final and complains when i dont play him.  Not realistic. And since when do players go to the board of directors and complain about not being loaned or played? I had the player on loan listed, cant really say much if the CPU teams dont want him.  There is no option to tell him to get lost, the only thing you can do is release him which in many cases one doesnt want to do that with a promising youth player.  Suddenly His morale drops to 0 so I play him in several games and he's all happy now so I go to remove the loan listing and I cannot the game will not ALLOW ME the manager the unlist the player now that he is happy... it still says the player has asked for a move away from the club.  But if he is still unhappy why does his morale say he's very happy?  AND NO player in real life will go to the board and complain.  Come on now.    Also other players who JUST PLAYED are asking for more game time when I just played them in the match or the last several matches.  This is broken.  Ive been saying this for years.  The complaints are far too frequent.  These needs to be turned off or at least toned down.  I can see Pogba complaining that I didnt play him in the semi final or something, but I have to answer to players far too often that I dont play them enough even when they are signed to a rotation contract and they just played a game. This leads to my next point.

5) The morale system is broken completely. And manager rating is broken.  We get promoted and then every player is pissed off and morale is low?  We are the champions and morale is low?  And my manager rating is

75 and I won the champions league.. I guess thats not good enough.

6) Career Mode Menus stop showing or there is a massive delay in them showing after awhile.  There is no exact time in game this will occur.  usually I thought it was toward the end of the season, but now I see it happening quite often.  Even if you save the game and come back into the game the menu is still blank and you have to wait for it load.  With the technology we have today, this is really sub par.  Its been like this since the game came out by the way, no one fixed it.  Annoying yes.  Can I live with it ok, but its not acceptable in my opinion to still have this problem 6 months into the games release.  There have always been menu lag issues with FIFA titles for  years.  Now I cant even see the menu!   Id take the lag over the blank screen.

Game play issues:

1) Defense is horrible.  Its so easy to score goals... I rarely see a 0-0 game or a 1-0 game  its always 3-2 4-2 5-0..

2) CPU Long Free Kicks are still a mess.  Every kick goes flying over everyone and out into touch or over the goal.

3) Corner kicks are headed away 99% of the time by the CPU, it rare to get a goal from them unless you run a short corner or a pass on the ground to a team mate at the top of the 18 yard box.

4) Obvious handballs are still not being called.  It appears something here was tweaked, but its still not fixed completely.

5) Injuries -  I have the sliders set almost to MAX and I still barely get injuries.  Developers need to watch games to see how many knocks occur during a game, even if its just a minor one and the player comes back in to play.  I remember when the player used to sit on the sideline and then come back in once he received 'treatment' and continued to play.  Whatever happened to that?  Now injuries seem to occur after a certain date they arent very random and they dont happen very often.  ie I can expect an injury to one of my players in training after the winter break etc.

6) CPU rarely gets called for fouls - on higher difficulties (i dont play anything below world class so i dont know about lower diffs) - the CPU plays flawlessly in games when they are clearly committing fouls.   They are throwing my player to the ground and nothing is called.  I understand shoulder to shoulder contact occurs and is acceptable, but this looks like block in american football where they just bash the player to the ground...  not acceptable.

7) When a ball goes into touch the wrong team is given the throw.  This happens all the time.  I have done replays to see that the ball indeed went off the opposing team who did not get the throw in.   This is really unacceptable.

8) GKs are saving all the penalties.   Some how all Keepers are the best in the world during the shootouts... they used to be horrible, now they are Over powered.  Whats going on?  Even during a match if one is lucky to get a penalty the keepers are awesome.  I have a player with a 99 penalty rating to see if I can just place the target in the upper right hand corner and blast away.  GK saves it every time.  No way that would happen in previous titles.  

9) The new free kick mechanic is horrible.  Go back to the old way or at least have the option to go back to an older way.   Scoring from free kicks is very difficult even for a seasoned player like myself.  Again this may have something to do with the GK being too good at certain times such as penalties, free kicks and corners.

I am sure I will have more, but thats off the top of my head...

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Message 101 of 165 (1,029 Views)

Re: Fifa 20 Player Career Mode

★★ Guide
@xblvcknagax I would also add international reputation as a visible stat that increases/decreases during their careers in management mode.
Message 102 of 165 (988 Views)

Re: Issues still not resolved in Career Mode and Game Play

★★ Guide
@aenima6969 I completely agree with all of the above. Even if just the issues on this list were fixed, it would make the game slightly less frustrating to play. There are so many problems with career mode, to a degree that I’m sure nobody at EA plays it. Otherwise someone would say “let’s fix this, it’s unacceptable”, right?
@EA_Cade
Message 103 of 165 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@amgooner  I am kind of hoping that they can move the game play issues to a different thread as that is not just in Career Mode is it.... its everywhere in the game.   

Message 104 of 165 (949 Views)

★★ Guide
Message 105 of 165 (937 Views)

Re: Career Mode Suggestions.

★★★★★ Newbie

1. Career Mode Player Stats rapidly lower than their original stasts when they are older. Please, Fix it.

2. Also, Career User wants use Legend Player like Ultimate Team. We want Zidane, Ronaldo, Pele and so on.

3. Get the liscense of Juventus and Camp Nou 

4. Make more simliar Real Futball, Many ridiculous CPU pass play and dribble make me sick of this game.

Message 106 of 165 (881 Views)

carreer mode player morale problems

★ Apprentice

players keep demandibg too much play time especially when they are not crucial

Message 107 of 165 (803 Views)

Re: Player career mode missing features

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@AWR-SnapkingI've done just that in NBA and Madden coop career modes

Message 108 of 165 (687 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Dimitri88Vegas Anyone know if mexican teams are invited to the libertadores tournament in career mode?
Message 109 of 165 (623 Views)

★★★ Novice

I Manage LAFC in MLS, but I want the option to be hired as an international manager for The USWNT.  I ge asked about the USMNT all the time.  I wish that was an option. Maybe it's not something that happens in real life, but I don't care.

Message 110 of 165 (606 Views)