Re: Career Mode Suggestions.

by 83_Jrn

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Here are my solutions to better both career modes. 

• Advice to improve both Career Modes
    • Manager Career Mode
      • Stop star player transfers to smaller clubs
        • How this is achieved
          • Player Morale: Player doesn’t want to go to a smaller club financially
          • This allows for the financial takeover perk be more beneficially.
        • Allow for users to change the club more
          • Allow user to choose Club Sponsors
            • Based on club’s success they should be able to gain more money from their sponsors or change it
          • Allow Users to edit the Club’s Stadium
            • Allow user to change stadium location
            • Allow user to upgrade the stadium and improve compacity
              • This gives the user a more realistic experience, especially if they want to bring a small club up to the top finically speaking.
            • Allow Users to make edit their club kits
              • Clubs usually change their kits every year. The user should be allowed to make their own kits after each year.
                • This will create a fun experience for the user.
              • Manager Aspect
                • Allow the user to hire a staff
                  • This would a fun aspect for users
                  • If staff does well staff members should be able to leave for manager jobs
                    • This creates a new fun aspect to the game and creates another level of realism.
                  • Improve youth academy
                    • Should be a separate entity from the club roster.
                    • Allow user to see their progress more as well in the youth academy.
                  • Allow Managers including famous ones to be sacked or take a new job.
                    • Managers should be able to get sacked if they don’t preform well, and this shouldn’t just include the user’s but mangers from other clubs. Which should be published in the news section.
                  • Player Career Mode
                    • Formation and Positions
                      • Formations should be more fluid
                        • The manager of the user’s club should change more based on the talent available in the squad and depending on the match.
                      • Increase Positions
                        • In player career mode you still can’t choose to be a right winger. Only a right midfielder who has a playstyle of a winger. This has negative effect as the player is usually not picked or put in the wrong position with a formation that has a right winger.
                        • The user should also be allowed to choose a secondary position.
                          • A user should be able have a primary position of a striker, and a secondary position as a left winger. The only position that should be excluded from this is Goalkeeper.
                        • Increase Player Dynamic
                          • Allow user’s player to get sponsorships whether it be a sponsorship for boots like Nike or Adidas, or sponsorships from random companies.
                          • Allow user’s player to get tattoos and outside dress apparel.
                          • Allow user’s players to attend award ceremonies.
                          • Allow Player’s to speak to press or post on social media.

• I would like to apologize for the grammar I wrote this quickly
Message 51 of 165 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree that the youth academy should be separate and the reserves should be playing their tournament, like in real life.  Also, when a player comes back from an injury they should make them play a game or two with the reserves before he's available to come back to play with the 1st team.

Message 52 of 165 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

More ideas

• Increase the amount of playable seasons to at least 30. This benefits both player and manager career mode. In player career you wouldn't have to cut your playing career short just to get a decent amount of years in as a manager as well. For manager career you could really build your reputation by starting in the less popular leagues and working your way up. 
  • Where we can manage: Link this up with a longer career as previously mentioned and your career trajectory is more realistic. Right now once you get to or if you start in the big 5 Euro leagues you're stuck with moving between those leagues unless you get fired. Rafa Benitez has coached some of the biggest clubs in the world but is now coaching in China! That's currently impossible in FIFA. There are a number of reason managers move, money, closer to home, stress, wanting a new challenge. It's not unrealistic to move from a bigger club to a smaller club in a less popular league.
  • Manager Rating: Not the rating that determines if you get fired but a true rating. The better you perform the better your prestige is the worse you perform then your prestige goes down. This effects how many job offers you receive or jobs you can apply to.
  • Option to just coach international team/block international job offers but turn them back off. Maybe I just want to manage the German team for a few years and then get back to manage at the club level. I believe only 7 managers have ever managed both a club and a country at the same time. Yet here it's our only option. Instead of turning off international job offers for the entire CM give the users the ability to just block the offers until they want to turn them back on. It breaks immersion to get an international offer 3 months into the start of a CM. That doesn't mean I want them offers gone forever but being able to block offers is one less annoying email to deal with in the first few seasons.
  • When do I start: The option to not take a job offer until the summer or even skip an entire season should be there. If you get fired or want to leave your current team you have to immediately take another job. Sorry but I don't want to take over Hull City in October
  • No more potential!: I like dynamic potential now lets go all in. Give the players their ratings and if they get better or worse it's based on how well they play. This would truly make every CM different. Every player every team not just the user controlled team. If Mbappe has a good season got injured for 2 seasons then followed that up with 2 poor seasons his overall isn't going up because he isn't playing quality football. CMs should be different and unpredictable this isn't UT it's okay if things go wrong or not the way we planned/hoped thats football and there are no gurantees in football.
  • Early retirement: Sometimes players retire early. Too many injuries, career not going as they planned there are many reasons players leave the game early in their careers excpet in FIFA everyone plays until their at least 32. Shouldn't happen to big names unless it's a major injury even that often but it can and does happen.
  • Injuries: We need a better variety of injuries and better in game commentary/info on injuries, Right now its basically either a 5 day (shoulder/elbow) or a 2 month (broken toe) injury with vary little inbetween. Also better info on the initial nature of the injury. Is it just a cramp or bruised shoulder all we get is the medic symbol. Oh you have a cramp thats no reason for a substitution we're are going to play a man down while the physio team works with you on the sideline. Player is limping is that a broken toe? A cramp? Pulled hamstring? I don't know should i sub them off I dont know we have no information.
  • Custom First Seasons: Might have been mentioned already or maybe I read it on reddit but lets us customize the first season. Maybe I want to emulate the current Premiere League season with teams in their current position in the table and try and save Watford from relegation. That would be amazing.
  • Disable first transfer window: Right now it's just first summer transfer window that can be turned off but if you start a CM in MLS the winter window is open and can't be disabled.
  • Total Roster control: If the ability to create realistic transfers is impossible then let us have the ability to reverse a transfer. At one point I played a Leverkusen team that that Zaha, Bale, Iwobi, Costa and Alderweireld and a Dortmund team that had Inaki Williams, Son, Winks, Sancho, Rues and Brandt. They weren't even all starters some of them were coming off the bench! The teams they left usually replaced them but with vastly inferior players. Also still seeing teams just stock pile random positions.
  • Regens: Eh never a fan of this. There has to be a better way to replenish the pool of players. World class, generational talent is rare and shouldn't be easy to find this probably goes hand in hand with doing away with potentials for all players.
  • Stadiums crowd: The attendance should fluctuate leage two teams are rarely at capacity and a top tier team playing poorly will see less fans,

Other than doing away with the potential of all players and regens all these suggestions can be totally optional. This is an offline game mode. Let us make it as realistic or unrealistic as we want.

Message 53 of 165 (1,011 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

They need to allow us to edit kits in career mode and edit the unlicensed teams. If PES has it, why can’t we have it. Let us create teams and leagues for real teams not in FIFA.

Message 54 of 165 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

If your manager is fired, and you feel it's by mistake, an option can be given to state your case. if the board feel that they were right, you stay fired.....but if the team and fans start to protests, game attendance goes down as well as t-shirt sales, and the demand comes in the press from the players and in the streets from the fans....there can be a cut scene where the board comes to your home, and then you have the opportunity to negotiate your own contract to return (wages, taking international job offers, health insurance, complete autonomy, etc.) or can choose to sign with another club.

Message 55 of 165 (965 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@83_Jrn many of these I really like.
Message 56 of 165 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@83_Jrn what are the numbers of seasons you can manage in CM?
Message 57 of 165 (928 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 58 of 165 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@83_Jrn that's it?!
Message 59 of 165 (905 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@jimmarshall Right. 15 is nothing. I believe MLB the Show can last 80 years and that game keeps lifetime stats and allows saves to carry over between new versions of the game. FIFA has a lot more teams and players to deal with but 15 season is still a really low number for a modern game IMO.
Message 60 of 165 (895 Views)