Re: Capital Supremacy: Tedious Deadlock

by raidernaphtali

Original Post

Capital Supremacy: Tedious Deadlock

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

At the moment, I am playing Capital Supremacy - we are on the ground, gaining reinforcements... After the CIS have already boarded us THREE TIMES.

I have 60k score. I just want it to end, but right now, it seems that we are about to win the ground combat, resulting in our first boarding attempt, that would make it even longer. I am actually sitting at the spawn screen, because I want the ENEMY TO WIN.

You really need to implement something to prevent these infinitely on-going matches. I've been bored for about 30 minutes now, but I don't want to lose the credits I could gain from this match.

Edit: Bloody hell we won ground combat... I WANT IT TO END, lol. Ugh, I just quit.

Message 1 of 8 (1,185 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @felker_s 

I agree that the length of some Capital Supremacy matches can even reach the irritating levels, but that's something DICE is aware of and looking into it.

I'm sorry that I don't have any more details about this to share at the moment.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Pro

@EA_Ataashi 

Thanks for the response anyway!

Message 3 of 8 (1,113 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My first try at it lasted almost 2 hours. Back and forth, over and over and over again. It was fun, but my thumbs started to ache.

(XBox One X)

Message 4 of 8 (1,085 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@DIRTONAFrook 

Yes, we've seen some pretty long matches - as over 2 hours Shocked

But once again, DICE is looking into improving this situation.

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 8 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Guide

you finally have a mode where its all player agency.......and people complain 

Message 6 of 8 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@raidernaphtali 

I don't have time to play one match for hours, nor is it fun. Going back to the same wasteland to capture the same points in the same match for the sixth time is boring.

This is simple grinding, which is not even rewarding. Placed amongst the top 5 on the leaderboard in an hour-long (or maybe even longer?) match, and not even 1,000 credits gained.

You need to have a general idea about how long a match can take in every game mode. Longer matches and deadlocks can form even in GA or HvV, but it rarely ever feels tedious. If you have 1-2 hours of free time, you might think "oh I'll play some BF2" - you'd want to know just how much this could take. Right now, Supremacy is out of the question in such a situation, since it can possibly burn all the free time you have, and then some - in which case you'll have to simply quit, making the whole process all the more frustrating.

Jumping into a match with enthusiasm is great. Being stuck in said match for an hour while still having no clue how much more it will take - that's not great.

Message 7 of 8 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Guide

@felker_s wrote:

@raidernaphtali 

I don't have time to play one match for hours, nor is it fun. Going back to the same wasteland to capture the same points in the same match for the sixth time is boring.

This is simple grinding, which is not even rewarding. Placed amongst the top 5 on the leaderboard in an hour-long (or maybe even longer?) match, and not even 1,000 credits gained.

You need to have a general idea about how long a match can take in every game mode. Longer matches and deadlocks can form even in GA or HvV, but it rarely ever feels tedious. If you have 1-2 hours of free time, you might think "oh I'll play some BF2" - you'd want to know just how much this could take. Right now, Supremacy is out of the question in such a situation, since it can possibly burn all the free time you have, and then some - in which case you'll have to simply quit, making the whole process all the more frustrating.

Jumping into a match with enthusiasm is great. Being stuck in said match for an hour while still having no clue how much more it will take - that's not great.

I can only speak from personal experience... I have not seen a match take as long as you say, maybe half an hour to 45 minutes at most. Also the teams i have played with/against all understand how to focus on the objective, knowing there are multiple paths to the sabotage point if a strong defense is present.  Maybe theres a difference in the communities's play style...i tend to play with the ps4. Ive just never seen anything like what you described is all, but ill be more observant 

Message 8 of 8 (1,034 Views)