by strangetownboo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot use different skin tones on Occult Sims' Human/Occult Forms

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS, add new Occult, try to select two different skin tones (as in a natural skin tone for their Human/Disguise Form and an unnatural skin tone for their Occult Form).
What happens when the bug occurs? I want to use different skin tones for each of my Occult Sims' forms, but changing the skin tone for one form alters the other to match.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use different skin tones on an Occult Sim's human form and their occult form.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I used to be able to make my Vampires extra pale/ashen and their human disguises a bit more normal looking.  I noticed this issue for the first time after installing Island Living, while I had mods/cc installed in my game.  I removed all mods/cc & started a new, vanilla file.  I was still unable to use mismatched skin tones on a Sim's human and occult form.

I didn't see this on the forum yet.

Message 1 of 4 (2,335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot use different skin tones on Occult Sims' Human/Occult Forms

Hero
@strangetownboo The forms are now linked (with the little chain icon). If you change something while they are linked, it affects both forms.

Can you properly change each skin tone if you unlink the forms ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,325 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@strangetownboo The forms are now linked (with the little chain icon). If you change something while they are linked, it affects both forms.

Can you properly change each skin tone if you unlink the forms ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,326 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've never noticed that link/unlink function. It was user-error. Thanks for teaching me a new thing!
Message 3 of 4 (2,311 Views)

Hero
@strangetownboo It's new and I find it a bit confusing that it's on by default as well. Should be off by default in my eyes.

Moved to game info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,294 Views)