Re: Cannot start a new relationship story

by GrettaInTheSun

Original Post

Cannot start a new relationship story

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I have an issue with choosing a new relationship story. I have completed 10 out of 22, but when i interact with a new sim in order to start a new story (for example sibling rivals) it doesn’t show up in the list, it just shows me some of the stories i have completed already to chose from and i cannot seem to pass this issue for a long time now. I have 2 sims in the house and it’s the same for both 

Spoiler
Oops
Message 1 of 5 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@pecsuede

I remember having this problem. The sibling rival story will only pop up if the two sims you are interacting with are siblings. This means that you need to have a baby with the same parents, then have another baby with the same parents. Then, once those kids grow up, promote at least one of those sims so you can control them. Then with that sim, tap on the sibling (once they have grown up) and start the rival story. 

This story only pops up for siblings. Otherwise, the usual rival stories will show up. To check if they are siblings, just tap on a sim and under their name, it should say "brother" "sister" etc instead of "stranger", "acquaintance", etc.

Message 2 of 5 (635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey thanks! But this was just an example.. i cannot chose many of them, so that means all of them have a secret behind? 

Message 3 of 5 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It also matters what kind of introduction you did when the sims met.  Some stories require that you started with a friendly introduction, some require that they started with a flirty introduction and some require that they started with a rival introduction.

Message 4 of 5 (611 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi @pecsuede

Both @BlueWizardRob and @TomSpeedy180 hit the major points here. There are certainly some stories that aren’t as easy to start, though only two are coming to me right now as needing a specific type of Sim to complete with; The Sibling Rivalry and Better Late Than Never stories. 

Sibling Rivalry only requires a half sibling, which can make it a little easier, but you'll need to make a confrontational introduction and choose to “start a rivalry”. If you pick the wrong one - like start a friendship - make sure you don't select a story after the event. You can press “choose later” and switch to “rivalry” under “more options” when you interact with that Sim. 

Better Late Than Never needs to be done with an Elder. This can be an Elder in your own household - and you’ll want to complete before they move out - or an Elder Townie/Elder NPC. After you begin a friendship with an Elder you’ll have the option to select that story. 

If you’re having trouble with another specific relationship story let us know which one. Someone here will definitely be able to help guide you in the right direction. Good luck! 

Message 5 of 5 (558 Views)