Re: Cannot kill mortar with melee

by INicexixI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot kill mortar with melee

★★★★ Novice
I dont know if this has been coded this way? But I have between 5 and 10 recordings of how you cannot kill a support unit using a mortar with a melee? This is just unrealistic and its probably one of the worst feelings in the world when you hitting an enemy over the head with a weapon over and over again, and your team mate shoots him and kills him instantly.

Really feel this should have a look at it. Because this is a big flaw in the game
Message 1 of 9 (904 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Odd, as, from my own experience, melee weapon swings do damage the enemy in BF1 (not in BF4 or 3 though), it's just that there is no kill animation. The reason for that is very simple and it is not going to change... mortar counts as a vehicle and melee kill animations cannot be applied for people in vehicles.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (892 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

It is a slight flaw but I have to ask. If you know it's not going to work why keep trying and recording it?

Message 2 of 9 (894 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Whether intended or not, it has been this way since the game's release. It's been brought to the attention of DICE/EA on the forums on several occasions, but as of yet, I've seen no official response. I would assume that it's done this way purposefully, as it has been with past Battlefield games, so as to remove the "sitting duck" problem stationary weapons cause.

For now, all you can do is shoot them instead of attempting a melee takedown.

Message 3 of 9 (891 Views)

★★★★ Novice
A slight flaw?? That you can't kill an enemy, whilst hitting him over the head? A think that it is a bit more than a slight flaw.
Message 4 of 9 (867 Views)

★★★★ Novice
And what has been the "sitting duck" issue? Excuse my ignorance, have always been more of aCOD player until bf1...

I just feel it has to be addressed, even if it is a press release saying nothing will be done, simply because it's rubbish? How can you not kill someone with a melee when he is visible and you can hit him?
Message 5 of 9 (866 Views)

★★★★ Novice
And a melee kill doesn't give away your position really allowing for a smoother flank if you are flanking
Message 6 of 9 (865 Views)

★★ Guide

That is a very valid point. Could always try to gas them or burn them with fire. 

Message 7 of 9 (857 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Odd, as, from my own experience, melee weapon swings do damage the enemy in BF1 (not in BF4 or 3 though), it's just that there is no kill animation. The reason for that is very simple and it is not going to change... mortar counts as a vehicle and melee kill animations cannot be applied for people in vehicles.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 8 of 9 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... { @spitfiresiemion } 

NICE answer man :eahigh_file:...

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 9 of 9 (842 Views)