Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Cannot check in by phone - Social Medial Career work ta

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Cannot check in by phone - Social Medial Career work ta

Champion

I had the perfect character to test this. I have a sim who's level 3 in the social media career, with level 3 charisma. But he's also an NPC townie so I've never played him and he doesn't have a social media profile set up.

I checked the phone to see if there was a check in option, and just as I expected, there isn't one there if you have no social media profile.

Went to a computer at a library, chose "Create Social Media Profile" and then checked the phone.

As expected, there's now a check-in option.

checkin.jpg

^ So there's proof that it shows up fine for me. Don't know why it wouldn't appear EuphorialQueen as I have the same combination of packs too.

Message 11 of 20 (2,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Since the original post mentions testing San Myshuno, I sent him to Casbah Gallery and the check in option is working there too.

Just checking something here...

Are you at a venue? This means a non-residential lot. You cannot check-in if you're at your own home or someone else's house. It has to be on a community lot.

It has never appeared at residential lots before and isn't supposed to. I know it's a "work from home" task but that is just a phrase - they just mean "working not at the office" - you still have to go visit another lot to be able to check in.

Message 12 of 20 (2,321 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@simvasion That is fantastic news! Thank you for sharing your results. 

I am in game right now and though I do not see the same option I do see one that might (?) work. I am waiting for the task to show up to see if it works. 

In answer to your question about location. That is a very good point. I did travel to Casbah Gallery and the gym in San Myshuno. I also traveled to venues in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. 

In my test today I caught some screen captures of the available options. 

Time to test my theory.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 13 of 20 (2,306 Views)

Champion
At other levels of social media, the "Check in" becomes "Shout out" (I think? I'm just going by memory) and "Announce Appearance". Can't remember if there's another one.
Message 14 of 20 (2,292 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Of course the task has not shown up again to test. I noticed two status update options.

One to post a status update at ((name of venue)). 

I have to take a real life break for now.

I will play the second save to see if I can get the option to show up. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 15 of 20 (2,284 Views)

Hero
Glad to see you guys are figuring this out.

Thanks @simvasion for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (2,264 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict  @simvasion 
Eureka!

Sim A - Darius born in game was recruited into the Social Media career starting at level 3 via a job offer.
Level 4 - Internet Personality Branch "Status update from venue" seems to replace the check-in option.
Work tasks are focused on jokes and mischief.
--
Sim B - Steven created in CAS and started at level 1 in the Social Media career.
The check-in option finally showed on his phone but the work task did not.
--
Added another Sim to second (Steve) save in another household.
Sim C - Nancy created in CAS and has been on the gallery {not played and has zero skills} for a while.
Started at level 1 in the Social Media career.
When she reached the second level of the career the check-in option became available.
The work task was able to be completed at level 2 of the career.
Nancy Social Media 2 Level Check In Option.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 17 of 20 (7,392 Views)

Hero

@EuphorialQueen 

Just making sure. Is this solved for you ?  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (2,116 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have no error files or mods (except up to date mccc) and my sim just switched from lvl 10 musician to lvl 6 or 7 stylist (bc college degree). I've never had a freelance sim before and he's unable to check in at gym or park. The option is not on his phone but he received the sletchpad etc items, he can do the style impression thing, and he can.make over sims. My game is up to date and I'm playing on a surface  book. He started the career before the tiny living patch

Message 19 of 20 (2,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SenseiAeris 

The DU degrees may have impacted the way some careers work. Especially since it leapfrogs your Sim to the upper tier of certain careers.
Testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder is the best way to investigate causes of issues.
Along with removing (not disabling) mods / cc the localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.
Go to Origin and right click on the game and choose the repair option.
Test with a new save game without putting anything back to see if the issues are still there.
As an added precaution be sure to look for the newest updates to any CC or mods.

Instructions are in the link below:
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

Note: This thread is now a year old. If this is still a problem you may want to start a new bug report.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs 

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Edit to add:
The Sims 4 Style Influencer Career {Guide}
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/styleinfluencer/

*Posted by @simvasion  in another thread:
"For Style Influencer, "check in" means talk to sims on that lot using Style Influencer options like Discuss Outfit or Interview."

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 20 of 20 (2,019 Views)