Re: Can you get to play the Caporetto or Albion maps?

by CFPA_Football

Original Post

Can you get to play the Caporetto or Albion maps?

★★★ Novice

Caporetto MapCaporetto Map

Caporetto and Albion look like neat maps. My favorite modes are Operation, Rush, Conquest, and Domination, because they are the most like reenacting the historical battles. Unfortunately, they only appear to be on the MIXED and APOCALYPSE servers, although I am unsure if Albion is even on the APOCALYPSE servers. The MIXED servers have a giant list of about 40-50 maps, and players vote on which ones to play, so the Caporetto and Albion maps rarely come up. The last time that I saw an APOCALYPSE server was a month ago. May I ask EA to host APOCALYPSE servers more often on Battlefield 1? It seems that this is the most likely way to get to play it.

Message 1 of 5 (869 Views)

Hey @CFPA_Football 

I absolutely love Caporetto... unfortunately, it's not popular overall, and the fact it's a premium map doesn't help either. Jaqub Ajmal is the one in charge of rotations and battlepack revisions so you can always plead your case on Twitter (his response % is much great when he does the weekly polls). It'll cost you a few dollars but you could always head over to discord (or any bf community for that matter), rent a server, and all play together too

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 5 (838 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TTZ_Dipsy Thanks for your suggestions!
Message 3 of 5 (801 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got to play Caporetto a few times now and liked it. I liked beating it as the Italians, and I had fun running the Austrians' Livens Projector and the Italians' Siege Gun.

Next, I would like to play Albion, ideally from its start instead of jumping into a game that is already underway.

Albion

Is there a way to tell if it is more likely to be voted on at the end of a round?

For instance, in the normal Operations game modes, there is a list of 4 missions, like Galicia, Brusilov, Volga, and Tsaritsyn. After each operation, you know which one will come up next for playing: ie the next one in the list, unless the current map is a first line of defense map (eg. Galicia or Volga) and the Defenders won on that first map.

In the list of MIXED Conquest maps, there are maybe 30 maps in a giant square grid. You might expect that the next one to get voted on will be the map to the right of the current map, just like in Operations map lists. But this doesn't seem to be happening, because for instance Albion hasn't come up even though I played Brusilov a few times. I don't know if the choices are totally random or if there is method to the madness. For instance, the French fortress mission seems to have come up alot lately, but I haven't seen London Calling come up. 

Message 4 of 5 (699 Views)

★★★ Novice

How easy do you think that it would be for me to get enough people together to play a round of Rush or Conquest on the Albion map if I went on the BF1 Discord server?

Message 5 of 5 (654 Views)