Can't progress at all

by Blight04

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't progress at all

★★★★ Novice

Hello guys,

Picture in attachment

Could you explain me why that keep happen all the time ?

( I might have around 40 screenshots of games like that from the beginning of April, that I can send if needed )

I'm not good, I'm not a huge player clearly and maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

I noticed that if I do too much attempt early and they are all stopped, the next attempt of my opponent ( could be the worst shoot ever ) will score instantly.

Do I have to avoid shooting too much in the first half ?

I have no problem with losing a game, that's the best way to learn but.. with this kind of game I don't feel like I'm progressing or anything. 

I don't really know what to do about that.

And last question, is the "balance system" (lol)  going to be the same in Fifa 20?

Thank you for your assistance ! 

Every tips or suggestions are welcome ! 

Message 1 of 6 (421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't progress at all

★★ Apprentice
Spoiler

Yes, goalkeepers can decide many games. Yes, football can have unjust results, but in Fifa this is just too prevalent. With balanced players, keepers tell who win. Keepers seem to be used to keep scores more realistic, since the arcadish dynamic of the game would bear very high scores otherwise.

I'm not a good player,  but I have noticed that you can improve by forgetting about football. In fact, football knowledge can hurt your game play. It's an arcade game. A fun one, but nevertheless an arcade game. Trying to play it like if you were watching football will make you lose. Example: if you think that the opponent player, facing back, won't have a great chance to suddenly turn and score, think again. There is a lot of goals in fifa in which players just turn 180 degree and score with very high precision (players in fifa have eyes in the back of their heads); if you wait to face the right direction to get a precise pass, you'll just loose time. Just press the button pointing your stick and you have a nice pass. Sometimes it will be a little powerless, but usually precise enough and nothing like real foot; There are a lot of rebound goals (it seems like there is a magnet pulling the ball to attacker after hitting the post or a tackling defender). Ball hitting the post and coming back to the feet of a forward player is the greatest cliché in Fifa. Rebound physics is completely *; volleys seem easier than a well placed on the ground ball for shooting. Summarizing: just click the buttons faster than you would if it was a simulation. 

As said, I'm a bad player, but forgetting about real football helped me get a faster player. Dribbling seems overpowered too. Any decent forward can reproduce Ronaldinho or Messi.

The only thing that really comes close to real football are the graphics. But it is fun to play, nevertheless. Would be a lot better if closer to real football. Playing manual controls makes it much more of a simulation, but sadly you won't find enough people to play with.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (362 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

I'm not sure what the problem you are having is @Blight04?

Is it that you have more shots on target but are not scoring or other?

Remember that FIFA is a game of skill and much like in real life the losing team can often have more shots on target and even dominate a game but still lose.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello Darko, thanks you so much for you answer .

I've seen your reply and I decided to do a game, with an other mindset, trying hard. I swear !

( picture in attachment, that's even more ridiculous )

He got Donnaruma 82 , I'm playing with Lloris 88, so does that mean goal keeper don't make any difference..

The guy just got the game, he was pretty low level, not playing with time finishing too.

Accidently shot 3 times and score 4 ?! :D 25% of accuracy ..

I'm not raging man, honestly, I just want to understand how this thing work. And get to be better! 

I know football, and it's sometimes not the dominating team who win, that's true, but it's not happening on 8 out of 10 games.. 

I'll try to learn skill moves as much as I can and keep trying, but I'm a bit desperate to be honest ahah

Have a lovely day ! 

Blight

Message 3 of 6 (371 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Spoiler

Yes, goalkeepers can decide many games. Yes, football can have unjust results, but in Fifa this is just too prevalent. With balanced players, keepers tell who win. Keepers seem to be used to keep scores more realistic, since the arcadish dynamic of the game would bear very high scores otherwise.

I'm not a good player,  but I have noticed that you can improve by forgetting about football. In fact, football knowledge can hurt your game play. It's an arcade game. A fun one, but nevertheless an arcade game. Trying to play it like if you were watching football will make you lose. Example: if you think that the opponent player, facing back, won't have a great chance to suddenly turn and score, think again. There is a lot of goals in fifa in which players just turn 180 degree and score with very high precision (players in fifa have eyes in the back of their heads); if you wait to face the right direction to get a precise pass, you'll just loose time. Just press the button pointing your stick and you have a nice pass. Sometimes it will be a little powerless, but usually precise enough and nothing like real foot; There are a lot of rebound goals (it seems like there is a magnet pulling the ball to attacker after hitting the post or a tackling defender). Ball hitting the post and coming back to the feet of a forward player is the greatest cliché in Fifa. Rebound physics is completely *; volleys seem easier than a well placed on the ground ball for shooting. Summarizing: just click the buttons faster than you would if it was a simulation. 

As said, I'm a bad player, but forgetting about real football helped me get a faster player. Dribbling seems overpowered too. Any decent forward can reproduce Ronaldinho or Messi.

The only thing that really comes close to real football are the graphics. But it is fun to play, nevertheless. Would be a lot better if closer to real football. Playing manual controls makes it much more of a simulation, but sadly you won't find enough people to play with.

Message 4 of 6 (363 Views)

★★ Novice

Around what time of the game do you mostly concede these goals?

Message 5 of 6 (354 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yesterday I played a game that ratifies what you said in the original post. It happens all the time, and happens in my favor too. 

I had 19 shots, 12 on target and 53% possession. The other guy had 6 shots, 5 on target and 47% possession. He won 4-0.

Unfortunately, as I said earlier, unless you are really much better than the other guy, goalkeepers will decide most games.

I suppose that a much better player than me would be able to do more precise finishing, but would also be playing someone that is able to do it  and goalkeepers would be the deciding factor again.

Message 6 of 6 (311 Views)