Can't play online at certain times - why?

by AZombiePsycho

Original Post

Can't play online at certain times - why?

★★ Novice

I hope I'm right here for that.

So I tried multiple regions now and it's still not working.

I live in the EU and when it's late night I can't find any servers with people in it. Same for today. I was in a full server, completely full, and I left because I needed to do something and as I wanted to join a new server, I always ended up in an empty server, I was gone for not even 3 minutes and then the game wants to show me that, oh there is either suddenly nobody online or only one server for idk how many people play gw2 to this day?? BTW, my brother has the same problem

Idk if the servers shut down at certain times in the EU or something but it's really annoying and I don't know what to do?

Why is this happening? Like- we just want to play online it's more fun

Message 1 of 3 (411 Views)

Re: Can't play online at certain times - why?

Champion (Retired)
@AZombiePsycho What platform on and what modes are you playing? When you come back into an empty lobby are you in zombopolis if it’s turf take over?
Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)

Re: Can't play online at certain times - why?

★★★★★ Expert

I get this from time to time on NA East/West PC servers too. Jump in and get an empty lobby then leave and come back a couple minutes later and instantly in a full or nearly full match. It's been like this for a long time too. It always worries me that new players encounter this and assume the game is dead and stop playing so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Luckily I still get decent matches when playing MP games but I also get this weird error where it boots me from the portal and I have jump back in to get a match. I have no idea what causes this but it's a persistent problem.

Message 3 of 3 (370 Views)