Can’t Reset FIFA 19 squads to initial squads

by ItsDeanieeBoii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t Reset FIFA 19 squads to initial squads

★★ Novice

Can anyone help me with my problem? I want to start another Manager Mode on Fifa 19 using the default (initial) squads instead of the updated ones but whenever I click the reset squads button, nothing happens, it still shows the current squad list. Is there a thing where we’re not allowed to reset them now that the season has finished or is that just a irrelevant coincidence? 

Message 1 of 18 (10,023 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t Reset FIFA 19 squads to initial squads

★★★ Newbie

I find a way !!! Delete and reinstall the game, offline. Create a new profile at the begining (in the oppening of PS4). Is like the first day of fifa 19 !!!

View in thread

Message 15 of 18 (9,074 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ItsDeanieeBoii Hey there, the reset squad option resets the squad to the default squad as determined by the most recent squad update file that was downloaded. 

If you delete that file and start the career mode offline, you can get the beginning of season squads. 

EACade
Message 2 of 18 (9,992 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve deleted the squad save file and even the FUT squad save file as well, then clicked reset all squads, I then quit the game, disconnected my internet and reloaded the game offline, but when I load it back up, it isn’t showing the default squads, even if I click reset all squads again.

Message 3 of 18 (9,978 Views)

★★ Novice
@ItsDeanieeBoii I even tried to start up a new career mode, chose the option to use initial squads but when it loaded up, it is showing the updated ones, not the squad update from when the game was released.
Message 4 of 18 (9,974 Views)

Community Manager

@ItsDeanieeBoii On a new file or a previous save?

EACade
Message 5 of 18 (9,970 Views)

★★ Novice

On a new save file. Nothing I’m doing is resulting in me getting the initial squads from the start of the season (when the game was released)

Message 6 of 18 (9,962 Views)

Community Manager

@ItsDeanieeBoii Gotcha. What system are you playing on?

EACade
Message 7 of 18 (9,960 Views)

★★ Novice

PS4

Message 8 of 18 (9,942 Views)

Community Manager

@ItsDeanieeBoii If you launch the game while offline, then delete the squad files under Customize - Profile - Delete and then start a new career mode you should have the launch day squads. 

Is that what you're doing?

EACade
Message 9 of 18 (9,935 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. I’ve launched the game while offline, then went to customise - profile - delete, then deleted the squad save file. I then click on new career - manager career, it comes up with the message about not being signed in to EA servers, do I want to continue using default squads, I obviously click ok, pick my team etc, then I choose initial squads as the version of squads I want to use, after I click advance it says squads have been reset to the defaults, but it doesn’t actually do it, it still shows the most recent updated squads. I’ve even done all them steps but chosen current squads as the version just to see the difference but obviously it shows the current squads after.

Message 10 of 18 (9,915 Views)