Can pets be cloned?

by EF281

Original Post

Can pets be cloned?

★ Novice

Is it possible to clone your pet in the cloning machine you can build in the scientist career?

Message 1 of 4 (1,221 Views)

Re: Can pets be cloned?

Champion (Retired)

If you can get it to stand on the cloning machine for long enough then it might be possible. Good luck with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (1,202 Views)

Champion

Large smile @jpkarlsen for saying "If you can get it to stand on the cloning machine for long enough then it might be possible. Good luck with that."  Large smile:eahigh_file:

@EF281, I will try to achieve this in my game since I have both Get to Work and Cats & Dogs.  It  is an excellent question!  But I have the feeling that even if it could work, like jpkarlsen said, we will need a lot of luck to actually test it! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (1,186 Views)

Champion

@EF281, and @jpkarlsen, I went back to a house that I had a cloning machine at that was upgraded to be able to clone Sims.  I adopted a kitten and tested it.  I was not able to put the kitten down on the cloner, but my Sim is able to "Clone Sim" from which a menu for the house members appears. Cool   But the kitten was not one of the choices that could be cloned.Frown   I don't know If this is because you can't clone pets, or if it is just because you can't clone kittens and puppies because they are viewed as baby pets. Wondering  I could clone the little girl, but not the little boy toddler, so the inability to clone the kitten might just be because it is too young.  I will test it further when the kitten matures! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,132 Views)