Re: Can only play one sim in household, not the whole household?

by SheriGR

Original Post

Can only play one sim in household, not the whole household?

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to play Sims 4 but when i select the household and press play, it asks me to select a sim to play, and i can't select the whole household? 

Message 1 of 3 (6,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ttaassd2 At certain times, or entering the household in certain ways, the game will ask you to choose a household member to play. No worries, just choose one and play. Once the lot/household loads you will be able to change which sim you are controlling. (If any of the sims are off-lot they should show as grayed out, so choose one that is not greyed out to play their home lot.)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 3 (6,321 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

To add a little clarity as well on @SheriGR 's information:

- Sims that are "away" from the lot at the time of selecting it usually trigger this situation of where you would need to select a Sim to play. (This is much more common when you have Get to Work and Get Famous, where you have Sims at their Active Career lots.)

- Sims that show up as walk-bys when you are on other lots can show as not being on the lot as well.

By selecting a Sim who is at the lot you are trying to play, it ensures you're going to play on that lot, rather than jump to the other lot that a Sim has traveled to.

- B

Message 3 of 3 (6,299 Views)