Can not play online

by A_Mere_Shadow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can not play online

★★ Novice

Ever since the notification offering a free trial on revolution1 i am unable to play online. I do not know how much harddrive space is required but I do not plan to purchase revolution1 and do not have an extra 45.5 gb of space. I get a upate applicationm required. I should not have to update revolution. 

It seems that I must have the update installed to play the basic game. That is not fair. 

I hope this gets fixed soon

Stryker1957

Message 1 of 7 (575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not play online

★★ Novice

Problem solved. I deleted the game and reinstalled it. Everything is working fine. 

Thanks to those who took the time to help solve my problem

Stryker1957

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (518 Views)

All Replies

EA Community Manager

Hey @A_Mere_Shadow,

in order to facilitate events like Premium Friends and Premium Trials easily, the client version is the same for every player. So no matter if you do have a Premium Pass, Revolution Edition or the base game, the size of the installation is the same. Currently, there are Premium Trials going on which allow base game owners to try out all the new maps.

You will be able to play the war stories without the update though.

Message 2 of 7 (560 Views)

★★ Novice

Well now the trial period is over. The game is still telling me i must update to be able to play online. Normally a little update window pops up, I click on it and its up to date. No window has popped up and no instruction on how to update.

Stryker1957 is my ps4 name

Message 3 of 7 (522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@A_Mere_Shadow That's probably because the February update which includes the Apocalypse DLC was rolled out on Tuesday. This is a huge update that needs to be downloaded to your PS4 first. You will need approximately 7 GB of free space. Once downloaded to your PS4, it will install and afterwards once you restart BF1 you will get the update prompt in-game. But if you don't have the required free space on your PS4 harddrive the download will fail.

As @EA_Joker mentioned the updates are mandatory for all players, so unfortunately even if you do not own premium the game forces you to download the complete update files including the DLC. So first check is to check if you have sufficient free storage to download the file.

You can view the status of PS4™ system storage or extended storage, and manage saved content. Select  (Settings) > [Storage].

If you have sufficient storage please check your notifications on the main menu of the PS4 to see if there's something wrong with the download.  To view a detailed list of your notifications, select  (Notifications) from the function screen.

Content that is downloading or uploading appears as  (Downloads) or  (Uploads) at the top of the notification list. You can view the progress of, pause, or cancel the download or upload by selecting an item from the list. Normally when content has finished downloading or uploading, a pop-up notification appears in the upper left corner of the screen. 

Keep in mind that depending on your internet connection, downloading a 7 GB update file might take some time. 

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 7 (506 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Apocalypse is not listed in my notification downloads. I have 36 GB free space on my hard drive. I have premium pass. 

I don't know what has gone wrong.

Thanks

Stryker1957

Message 5 of 7 (472 Views)

★★ Novice

I do not have the Apocalypse listed in my notifications. I have 36 GB of hard drive space and

I have premium pass. I do not know what is wrong.

I just deleted the game and am reinstalling it.

Stryker1957

Message 6 of 7 (469 Views)

★★ Novice

Problem solved. I deleted the game and reinstalled it. Everything is working fine. 

Thanks to those who took the time to help solve my problem

Stryker1957

Message 7 of 7 (519 Views)