Re: Can any Infantry unit beat Shock Troops?

by xMaksuss

Original Post

Can any Infantry unit beat Shock Troops?

★★★★ Guide

Militants, nope. 

Flames, nope. 

Missile or Lasers, super nope. 

Are Shocks basically unbeatable one on one?

Message 1 of 27 (753 Views)

★ Guide

if you are quick with the fingers, snipers.

Message 2 of 27 (748 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@XMasterBishopX wrote:

if you are quick with the fingers, snipers.

Right, cause you have to keep running away right?

Message 3 of 27 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

A good player will take out a shockwave squad with a sniper squad without loosing a single member, either by kiting (shoot,run,shoot,run,...), or by blocking with another unit.

Rifleman will defeat a shockwave if they start attacking first and are 2v1. If shockwave defend, they won‘t win even 2v1, but will do some damage. Keep in mind that rifleman=10 tib, while shockwave=40.

I personally send rhinos or wheels at them. Talons and chembuggies work fine, too. And obviously tech units.

But don‘t send shockwave or flames at them, the defenders advantage is too high. Your squad will die, and theirs will still have 2 members. If you send them, send 2 at the same time.

Message 4 of 27 (724 Views)

★★★★ Guide
So bottom line is, there is no Infantry unit that can stand toe to toe, one on one with Shock Troops? Doesn’t that seem a little OP? I mean, there is no one on one counter amongst the like building? This has got to be the only unit in the game that has no like building counter.
Message 5 of 27 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How's about a scarab or chem trooper? I think a scarab works so long as its already in position. With chem trooper, it might be able to leave a poison cloud then move away from the fight with one or two members.

Message 6 of 27 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Shockwave isn't very useful. I prefer riflemen.

Usually Chem warriors are the guys gonna choke you, not shockwaves 

Message 7 of 27 (674 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Could a shockwave trooper survive if the MG squad was the one who setup first? I mean you order a MG squad to attack a shockwave and use Jackson's ability on the MG squad. When the MG squad appears and starts firing at a faster pace, would the shockwave last to try a counter-attack?

Message 8 of 27 (654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Jackson doesn't affect setup time. MG will die in 2 shots if setting up. Shockwavs are team of 3 so almost instantly.

Message 9 of 27 (648 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

But what about its attack speed? Will it be enough to out-speed a shockwave trooper if the MG nest has already set up?

Message 10 of 27 (634 Views)