Re: Can Scheduling Around the Llama-Zooms Actually Be Done?

by TomSpeedy180

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can Scheduling Around the Llama-Zooms Actually Be Done?

★★★★★ Pro

What do you have your sims do when trying to work around “Emily’s” Llama Zoom schedule - short of paying with

Sim Cash to return early? 

Do you have them do Quick events? 

Or Schedule Long Events to coincide after the van returns to get credited with a long task?  And that’s assuming the task is one she’s asking to be done.  

Do you pick the multi-tasks or pick all Career or all Hobby or all Relationships? 

I guess this is what’s so frustrating about the LZ’s by not being able to schedule  time efficient tasks between her visits, during her visits or even do any tasks through the night.  

if you miss that Golden Window of time to complete the tasks, you’ve basically wasted all the time invested.  

Does anyone have any ideas to help me Hate Emily & her Van less than I already do. LOL   😂 

Message 1 of 8 (2,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

@katclawsx3

Yes, there are many ways to make Emily's visits a much more pleasant experience. 

First, I always choose the relationship tasks because the quick hangouts are much easier than the hobby or career hangouts. With one of your sims, begin a new relationship with another sim by starting a first date or a new friendship. Then at the end of that event, do not choose a story. Instead, select choose later and then begin another date or new friendship with the same two sims. Do this as many time as your task requires you to do. Your quick hangouts should be done in no time. 

While I am waiting for llamazoom, I have 1 sim do 1 long hangout and the other 3 sims do 3 standard hangouts. Then, when they are done with their tasks, do not click on the check mark to gain the rewards. Just wait for Emily to arrive and see if you can complete the long or standard hangouts instantly. If not, then have the sim with the most boosts for the hangouts finish their hangout to do the appliance tasks around the house to access the other tasks. 

Also, Emily arrives every 4 hours now, I think.

By starting the long and standard hangouts ahead of Emily arriving, you can finish llamazoom very quickly. In this example, I finished the llamazoom tasks in only 4 minutes after Emily arrived. 

llamazoom.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,108 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

@katclawsx3

Yes, there are many ways to make Emily's visits a much more pleasant experience. 

First, I always choose the relationship tasks because the quick hangouts are much easier than the hobby or career hangouts. With one of your sims, begin a new relationship with another sim by starting a first date or a new friendship. Then at the end of that event, do not choose a story. Instead, select choose later and then begin another date or new friendship with the same two sims. Do this as many time as your task requires you to do. Your quick hangouts should be done in no time. 

While I am waiting for llamazoom, I have 1 sim do 1 long hangout and the other 3 sims do 3 standard hangouts. Then, when they are done with their tasks, do not click on the check mark to gain the rewards. Just wait for Emily to arrive and see if you can complete the long or standard hangouts instantly. If not, then have the sim with the most boosts for the hangouts finish their hangout to do the appliance tasks around the house to access the other tasks. 

By starting the long and standard hangouts ahead of Emily arriving, you can finish llamazoom very quickly. In this example, I finished the llamazoom tasks in only 4 minutes after Emily arrived. 

llamazoom.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,109 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@TomSpeedy180 wrote:

@katclawsx3

llamazoom.png

@TomSpeedy180  

Thank you so so much for those helpful tips!  I truly appreciate you sharing your knowledge of the game.   

I never thought about holding off from clicking on the pink check marks until after Emily’s arrival!  

Also, doing the Relationships the way you described makes so much sense.  I was always looking for any available sim off the sidewalk and then try to figure out what story to do.  The result was several half-finished stories or lost stories when a sidewalk street sim was unexpectedly retired.

Thx again for the tips!  Can’t wait to try using these techniques! 

Message 3 of 8 (2,094 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@TomSpeedy180   That's exactly what I do! 

Glad that you wrote all that out so didn't have to. LOL! 

Message 4 of 8 (2,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since the llama zoom began, I also have two of my playable Sims in relationship or friendship. That way it cuts the time of the long event (or any event) in half because two off my playable Sims are in the ever together.  

But I also have my sims in long or standard length events before Emily arrives so I can finish some events right away. 

Message 5 of 8 (2,061 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@sweetnsourgirl93 wrote:

Since the llama zoom began, I also have two of my playable Sims in relationship or friendship. That way it cuts the time of the long event (or any event) in half because two off my playable Sims are in the ever together.  

But I also have my sims in long or standard length events before Emily arrives so I can finish some events right away. 

@sweetnsourgirl93 

Wait! What !??  Am I always the last one to know these things?

Thanks for sharing that! 

OK  so since we’re sharing here’s my Tip 

(that probably everyone else knows already) but here goes: 

You know how every sim you ever met suddenly needs to mingle and they always choose the bathroom just when you need to get energy? 

Well, I tried moving the bathtub & the shower stall into the next room & it worked.  My sim got her energy  Thumbs up

Message 6 of 8 (2,014 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@katclawsx3  One of my friends solved the bathroom problem by removing the door.  You can still pop in as needed by sims can't just wander in.

Message 7 of 8 (1,989 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I’d really like to see this posted in the pinned post

“Threads You Don’t Want To Miss”. since it’s so helpful to get through those annoying LZ’s

jmho

Message 8 of 8 (1,881 Views)