Can I run star wars battlefront 2 on my laptop?

by Trivenger1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I run star wars battlefront 2 on my laptop?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I'm planning to get a laptop and I was wondering if I could play Star Wars Battlefront 2 on it.....

Intel Core i5-7200u Processor
Intel HD Graphics 520
8GB Memory Ram
Message 1 of 7 (8,509 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I run star wars battlefront 2 on my laptop?

[ Edited ]

@Trivenger1  CPU and RAM are in the minimum requirements. The problem is your graphic card. Which might not be able to run it. Most of the modern games dropped the support for the integrated graphic cards, favoring dedicated cards from AMD and Nvidia.

So, unless you like to gamble, i would skip this until a more adventurous soul confirms that it works on a card like yours

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (8,499 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Trivenger1  CPU and RAM are in the minimum requirements. The problem is your graphic card. Which might not be able to run it. Most of the modern games dropped the support for the integrated graphic cards, favoring dedicated cards from AMD and Nvidia.

So, unless you like to gamble, i would skip this until a more adventurous soul confirms that it works on a card like yours

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 7 (8,500 Views)

Hero

@Trivenger1 wrote:

Intel HD Graphics 520

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (8,489 Views)

★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@Trivenger1 wrote:

Intel HD Graphics 520

There's not enough XP, but I gave you what I could Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (8,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hehe
Message 5 of 7 (7,725 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually runs fine if you would suffer on graphics.

I play it on 720p 70%resolution scale all details low but TAA high.

My specs a bit different but not that much:

I7 6600u 2.8GHZ (3.4GHZ with turbo boost)

16 GB ddr4 2133Mhz in dual channel

Samsung Evo 820 250GB ssd

Intel HD520

I wanna mention to use dx12 instead dx11,it performs much better with theese frostbite engine games like battlefield 1 or battlefront.

Don't be afraid when you change to dx12 first time the game will loading for so long on startup but be patient wait for it the next startup will be fine.

Also I have this performance with undervolted cpu.

You can use throttlestop to undervolt it under it freezes.When you have the best option just stick to it,it will remove a lot of stutter.

When you start a match consider the first 1 minute roughly will be laggy,but after again it's just fine.

Your game will still look very good with theese details even on a big tv.

But if you still experience some stutter or low fps you can adjust the resolution or the resolution scale to a bit lower as your specs a bit lower than mine.

And I would advise to gon on and upgrade to dual channel RAM that helps a lot of to intel hd graphics cards.

I hope it is useful.

Best regards,

Bela

Message 6 of 7 (7,261 Views)

Community Manager

@Belaracz1111 

Thank you for you input from personal experience. Since this post is originally from 2017 though and OP already received help, I will be locking this post down though to avoid further necroposting. 

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (7,238 Views)