Re: Can I play CPU vs CPU in career manager mode?

by shivam7861999

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
Hey murraymint. I may have an option similar to what I do. I play FIFA 14 for Xbox 360 and noticed you can edit club transfers as well as player stats in main menu.

Something I do is play career mode for typical league schedule and standings, but I never liked how tournaments are group stage and aggregate or single elimination. Aggregate is just like playing two half’s of one long game and single elimination leaves more to be desired.

I prefer how NHL and NBA do 7 game series between two teams so you can really see how adjustments play out as the teams become more familiar. So once I get to tournament stages, I will usually go to friendly mode and let the teams play a series there.

Once it’s decided I will go back to career mode and simulate and exit out until the right team wins then save once it happens.

I know it takes an active imagination and patience to constantly do manual transfers and stat changes to players in the main menu in order to get the games you want but it might be worth it to you.

I always liked how I could dictate weather and edit the field if the oppenents default generic field was much smaller than the real life stadium they use. I’m a creative individual so it’s something I enjoy, but I understand if my idea disgusts you. Figured I’d throw it out there as a loop hole.
Message 21 of 32 (5,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a way to do it kinda. Once the game starts press the touch pad and it switches to CPU vs CPU for the most part. Example I use Juventus and Buffon is captain and he is the only player you need to control so you basically get to watch the infield game as manager. I'm not sure if it's cause he's captain, so maybe make you goalkeeper the captain. This is in career mode

Message 22 of 32 (4,806 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

CPU V CPU should be an option. It would help when the game is as poor as 2018

Message 23 of 32 (4,776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bump.  I haven't had this issue in '18 as I have foregone purchasing it for a variety of reasons.  BUT, I am in general a HUGE proponent of cpu vs. cpu mode.  I don't care how nerdy it is, it is an enjoyable feature, and a borderline necessity to enjoy in a Manager mode.  I've always been disappointed where this option is available in some game modes but not others.  (Believe me, the absence of this feature in Road to the World Cup for World Cup 2014 has resulted in me doing some pretty nerdy stuff with spreadsheets.  Don't even get me started. :-) )

Message 24 of 32 (4,744 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
You can't do it in manager mode in Fifa but in PES maybe you can...
Message 25 of 32 (4,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope they fix this really soon

Message 26 of 32 (4,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PES is not totally cool

Message 27 of 32 (4,231 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I swear I remember a rich experience as a manager in FIFA. What was the last one? 16? Could watch, quick sim (with ability to make changes, subs), or play. It was great. What the hell is this *. I can't make any decisions once the whistle is blown. What is the point of being a manager if you have to play. That's what a team season mode is for! Took my copy back, and done with FIFA until it's back.

Message 28 of 32 (4,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This also used to be in the game. They are just gutting the game at this point. Every menu option used to have several sub menus. So...many...options...gone.  

Message 29 of 32 (4,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Before starting a match, LOCK on the GK, the PAD, for zooming when you want to see closer. Thought playing as GK sometimes is awfull cause of their stupid time reaction. So i don't know if you SUB a players as in PLAYER CAREER, if they give you the choice to watch it. Hope it's good for you even if it's not a solution, it awfull that they disabeled CPU vs CPU since PS3... Maybe a matter of trophies, they could just disable it.

Message 30 of 32 (3,866 Views)