Re: C&C Rivals: How do unit upgrades get factored in to matchmaking?

by Luraziel_Strata

Original Post

C&C Rivals: How do unit upgrades get factored in to matchmaking?

★★★ Novice
Worried it'll turn into pay 2 win, and that upgrades will trump skill and tactics. Hows this balanced out?
Message 1 of 7 (2,103 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Lando12

Thanks for the question, as per our FAQ on help.ea.com one of the aspects from the pre-alpha will be to look at 'the feedback we get, especially around combat balance and matchmaking, will be our focus until launch. These parts of the game will help us create an experience where matches are fun, fair, and competitive.'

Thanks 

EA Ryan 

Message 2 of 7 (2,064 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Ryan

one thing you guys could consider is putting a cap on the max level/training a unit can get to per player level. A good example of this is in another android game called Hackers. you can only level up the nodes so high before your main one (the server core) is leveled up itself, thus unlocking a higher level up for all other nodes!

Message 3 of 7 (1,996 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Would not be a bad idea at all to have an implied system such as this @Luraziel_Strata, I do recall reading on a prematch tip that the current level cap for all units and commanders is Level 15 but perhaps maybe make it so that units cannot be trained higher than 1 level more than your Player Level for example;  If I was to be Level 2 I could not train my units higher than level 3, this would of course exclude the epic units which tend to start out around level 5 if I believe.

Message 4 of 7 (1,973 Views)

★ Apprentice

:D I used some of your Idea with mine in the main compilation thread. I didn't even consider some of these ideas until later after writing the previous post and reading yours!

Message 5 of 7 (1,928 Views)

★★★ Novice
Classic non-response. With a non-response, it's safe to say it's pay 2 win matchmaking confirmed. It should be a free game with paid DLC packs that don't give you stronger units, but side grades for different styles.
Message 6 of 7 (1,813 Views)

★★ Novice

It is for certain P2W. Already facing people 3 lvls higher than me with units 2 lvls higher than me. I can beat those only a level higher because they have 0 strategy, jist straight VISA win methods, but the multiple lvls are too much to counter with strategy or counters.

It's utter BS. Uninstalled.

Message 7 of 7 (1,639 Views)