Buying Data Cards

by Paradiz666

Original Post

Re: Buying Data Cards

★★★★★ Novice

@EndBean wrote:

I'll contribute that it's also entirely possible to not get a hero even in the 10-pack with guaranteed hero.

I bought the aurodium 10-pack with guaranteed character, and the drop was Dathcha (who I had already won). So instead of a new character I got 7/65ths (10%) of the way toward upgrading a toon I don't even use to the next level. That was VERY underwhelming, let me tell you.....

I got nothing interesting at all from a 3100 gem pack (would have been ~$25 to get basically nothing....)

This makes me have exactly zero interest in spending real money on these datacards....

A guaranteed character should be an actual character, or if no-dupe is totally not possible, getting shards instead of a character should give enough shards to upgrade them, not 10% of the shards needed to upgrade.. that's pretty insulting.

@EndBean wrote:

I'll contribute that it's also entirely possible to not get a hero even in the 10-pack with guaranteed hero.

I bought the aurodium 10-pack with guaranteed character, and the drop was Dathcha (who I had already won). So instead of a new character I got 7/65ths (10%) of the way toward upgrading a toon I don't even use to the next level. That was VERY underwhelming, let me tell you.....

I got nothing interesting at all from a 3100 gem pack (would have been ~$25 to get basically nothing....)

This makes me have exactly zero interest in spending real money on these datacards....

A guaranteed character should be an actual character, or if no-dupe is totally not possible, getting shards instead of a character should give enough shards to upgrade them, not 10% of the shards needed to upgrade.. that's pretty insulting.

The duplicate pulls getting X shards is the model that many other games follow and that is pretty disappointing that they are copying that because this is highly disliked in every other game.  I think 100% of upgrading would be too much but maybe like 20-30 shards would be fine.  

Also did you only get 1 "full hero" in the whole 10 pack?  Other games I am use to 2-5 "full heroes" in a 10 pack, duplicate pulls getting 7-14 shards.  However at a point these are almost always duplicates, with the lower tier heroes.  

Message 11 of 24 (639 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, in the 10-pack I got only 1 hero (really 7 shards), a few miscellaneous single shards, some credits and some materials for upgrades.... an extremely disappointing result for that amount of gems.

I'd actually like to drop some money on this game, but those kind of results ensure I won't spend a dime until things are improved.

Message 12 of 24 (636 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EndBean wrote:

Yes, in the 10-pack I got only 1 hero (really 7 shards), a few miscellaneous single shards, some credits and some materials for upgrades.... an extremely disappointing result for that amount of gems.

I'd actually like to drop some money on this game, but those kind of results ensure I won't spend a dime until things are improved.

Wow, that is extremely disappointing.  I am glad I haven't spent anything yet.  I probably would of thrown my phone at the wall if I opened up a 10 pack and received that.  And wow it's only single shards from other pulls?  So pretty much we have to spend like a grand for a single character? I can't believe they even think that is remotely ok.  Normally in beta phases everything is cheaper than release too.... this does not bode well..... 

If everyone can post their results from their 10 pack pulls/single pulls here that would be great for getting data.

Message 13 of 24 (632 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just open a 10 aurodium data packs, got 2 characters (4 star boba fett and 4 star Grand Moff Tarkin :eahigh_file: ) 1packs for 3 character shards, and the rest is 45k money for each pack. No materials.

Message 14 of 24 (624 Views)

★ Guide
I try to always grab screenshots of my packs, to show friends.

Message 15 of 24 (607 Views)

★ Guide
Sometimes it's only one character, but I've had as many as 3 in one pull.
Message 16 of 24 (606 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Wuut!!!! 6 packs and not a single Bariss??? Teeth bared thank you for the info nateVoV, but it looks to me its not really worth it to buy more packs for now.

Message 17 of 24 (601 Views)

★★ Guide

I see what you mean about duplicate characters. What level is your Dathcha?

Message 18 of 24 (590 Views)

★ Guide
Dathcha is level 53, 4*. And in my Arena Squad at the moment.
Message 19 of 24 (571 Views)

★ Guide
I probably wouldn't use Bariss. Certainly not as leader. Tongue out
Message 20 of 24 (561 Views)