Building a deck on top of a deck

by misterNYCmodel

Original Post

Re: Building a deck on top of a deck

[ Edited ]
Champion

@misterNYCmodel I just read a different post you made... is it for this same deck? If so, please note that in the video I had to join the deck to the 2nd floor to start out that section (for the part that would overlap the pool so that it would have no foundation), then I deleted an area to dis-connect it from the 2nd floor so that I could use the height tool/plumbob in to drag that 'floating deck' downward. If that does not make sense I please view this new video if you need it. (I think the recorder ate the first part of the video. -- Running the recorder and Sims at the same time is a bit overwhelming for the computer.)

I have just made an additional video of the part before the other one (approximately - and sorry for some trial and error in both). Please note that I see at the beginning of the other video that I had cheats/moo enabled. That can be ignored, as it was not needed: https://youtu.be/vxb2bGkQDFA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 16 (362 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Hi, Sheri! Wow! I wasn't sure if the post was closed or I would have asked you for further help on this headache of a darn deck lol! Give me a bit and I'll check out your video. I have it all etched out and floating one story above the pool. So far, I think that's the only position for it—in the air. Looks real good though lol. I swear, this wooden piece of perfection is going to be the Sims death of me! 😂
Message 12 of 16 (348 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Hi, Sheri!

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I tried your method and IT WORKED! I finally took the time to sit down, watch the video and simply do it! Of course, this meant that I had to start my build over with just the pool and the first floor, just as you did in your video, but I tell you, it was well worth it!

Again, I thank you for all your help!
Message 13 of 16 (319 Views)

Champion

@misterNYCmodel I am so happy you successfully conquered your beautiful build and can now enjoy it with your sim! Standard smile You did well, as it was a tricky technique. You should be proud of yourself for sure! :eahigh_file:

Message 14 of 16 (311 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Thank you so much! My real life occupation keeps me very busy, so, initially, I wasn't really able to watch your video. I was just happy to know that you solved my issue, and I made darn sure to thank you for that alone. And then I finally sat down to execute the deck and failed miserably lol. However, this time around I was a success and I really do owe that all to you, Ms. Sheri!

I'll never forget ya! 😀
Message 15 of 16 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@misterNYCmodel Awww.... thank you so very much!! I am so happy it helped, and you have made my day... again!! Heart :eahigh_file:

Message 16 of 16 (295 Views)