Re: Bring the franchise to PC

by gogol0311

Original Post

Bring the franchise to PC

★★★ Novice

EA already has FIFA and Madden on PC, but why not NHL? 

Message 1 of 28 (2,999 Views)

NHL doesn't sell nearly as well as Madden and FIFA and PC Sports gaming is already niche enough as is. You might be able to expect a PC release when the PS5 and XBox Scarlett come out since I think they really wanted to push cross play and cloud services

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 28 (2,965 Views)

★ Guide

This will mark the 11th year it hasn't been on PC. This company is a complete joke. The game doesn't sell well, you say? How about bringing it to a massive audience who have been starved for a title? We should have NHL on PC VR by now.

Message 3 of 28 (2,959 Views)

Community Manager

Apart from your unnecessary negative comment @Killerskillet, I think you and @TTZ_Dipsy  both make valid points here.

barry.png
Message 4 of 28 (2,950 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry Hi, if something is coming to PC this year it would be great to have news. I think after this i will sell my xbox...;-)
Message 5 of 28 (2,808 Views)

NHL ON PC PLS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I would love a pc nhl game. i dont mind if you port over this years game, and dont add mouse keys control - i prefer controller.

if you worry about supporting another platform and cost.... then just port over this years, and update the rosters only (with critical patches if needed only) and just change the loading screen each year. put it on a 5 or 10 year cycle - that would be better than nothing.

EDIT: by cycle i mean you dont need to rewrite the whole code every year like you seem to do on consoles. leave the majority of it alone and just update rosters each year, and after say 8 years THEN you look at making a version with the same new added features as the consoles will have at the 10 year release date.

Message 6 of 28 (2,801 Views)

Re: NHL ON PC PLS

★ Guide

another option : if the nhl expands and gets a new team, then you release new nhl on pc. otherwise stick to same basic code, and just yearly rosters. that would be cheaper still. and we would at least get a good game.

Message 7 of 28 (2,795 Views)

★★ Guide

Would love for this to happen but people have been asking for this for TEN YEARS and EA has only issued statements like "if the demand is there, we will consider".  Considering there are multiple threads and even more that have been deleted it's pretty clear that the "demand is there".  EA also has done nothing in the form of a public survey, reaching out to the reddit pc gaming community to gauge interest for NHL on PC.  The demand is there, EA is just making it painfully clear they don't really care.  

I'm hoping for a Game Pass release of NHL...but then that won't happen because it would compete with directly with Origin...but EA doesn't release the titles on Origin anyway so yeah..none of it really makes any sense.  

EA, can we get your full game lineup on your own gaming platform? Thanks!

Message 8 of 28 (2,786 Views)

Demand is only there from a very small minority - You don't honestly think EA would purposely deny a PC port if they thought they could make money off it, do you?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 9 of 28 (2,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
@TTZ_DipsyCompanies miss out on profitable markets all the time. EA is no exception. Just because a company is "big" it doesn't automatically mean it's always going to make the best decisions.
Message 10 of 28 (2,726 Views)