Break off an engagement

by mayuuca

Original Post

Break off an engagement

★★ Novice

I started a romantic story with another player's sim on sole purpose of completing that story. I had no intention of having a relationship with this sim. But the "propose" option kept popping up until I suddenly clicked on it by mistake. I don't want to marry this sim as I already have a candidate for a husband with soulmate story. Is there a way to cancel the engagement? I already tried some rival interactions but nothing seems to change. Do I need to keep doing this until something finally shows up??

Message 1 of 4 (7,783 Views)

Re: Break off an engagement

Hero

Hi Standard smile 

There is no option for breaking off an engagement, but this is not a problem as a sim can be engaged to several sims at the same time.

So, your sim will be able to get engaged with the perfect candidate and then they can get married.

This will be a happy ending story Heart

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 4 (7,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

This is so relevant to me! My playboy sim is the fiancee of 3 sims! LOL

I'm here again at the forums coz I want to fix these errors that happened when I mistakenly tapped Propose during a relationship event. My playboy sim wants to break off these engagements & the only choice is Here Comes the Wedding & he really doesn't want to get married! 

Still looking for an answer how to do this.

I'll update when I get a solution.

Message 3 of 4 (7,693 Views)

Hero

Maybe all three girlfriends will eventually find out that he is a playboy Raised eyebrow Then they will agree to find each a new boyfriend and get married. How does this sound? Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 4 (7,681 Views)