Re: Boys AT Sniper is so out of place it's hilarious

by tat2jon

Original Post

Boys AT Sniper is so out of place it's hilarious

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone, 

I've been playing BF games since BF3 and always enjoyed playing them. 

However it seems that Dice and EA are not too sure what to do when it comes to updating their games. 

Everytime they do it, they end up unbalancing the game to hell and then waste resources fixing it. 

Who in their right mind adds a 1 shot 1 kill weapon to the game? When it was designed to be balanced and avoid issues like the ones on BF1 where you'd get one shot killed without the ability to do anything about it.

This weapon goes against what a BF game should be and increases frustration. 

Obviously every one is going to use the AT weapon against infantry and destroy them, I know there is a range to it, but let's be honest up to 100 meters let's you camp a flag it becomes a point and click adventure. Requires 0 skill to use.

You must realize that this weapon should've been a gadget with like 4 rounds on it to avoid abuse and make snipers use it for actual AT. 

Please remove this idiotic weapon that makes no sense being here or at least nerf it, make it 80+ body shot. Or something, everyone is already camping with their nuts on the ground, don't enable them and make everyone do the same crap. 

Message 1 of 7 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]

@theweeddoctor23 

Peace Keeper, most revolvers, Phantom Bow, slug shotties and a plethora of snipers well before the Boys AT have been 1 hit kills within range so it's still inline with other titles

It has a horrid rechamber and reload, and it makes a thunderous sound when fired so it's a pretty balanced weapon overall

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 7 (628 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

i agree ... but,i think, with dice/ea receiving so many requests for a form of 'K' bullet from BF1 that they decided this would be an option.. over powered and not the best replacement for the 'k' bullet that was minimal in usage

Message 3 of 7 (602 Views)

★★★ Guide

No need to nerf, it is well balanced. If you miss, you are dead. Fair play!

Message 4 of 7 (551 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I agree that it is a well balanced gun, maybe do a little more damage to tanks but I'm sure that is up for debate. I have been killed so many times by the elephant gun but have also killed others so I see how many get annoyed with it, got to level 4 for the upgrades then the honeymoon faze went away and moved back to kar98, krag and P08 carbine. It has its place in the game.... Maybe not as a sniper but its just 1 of those things. Soon people will get used to it.
Message 5 of 7 (538 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Takes the skill gap outta the game. I dont like it one bit.
Is it fun to use? sure.. but its not worth the frustration you get when getting killed by it over and over.
I dont know how featuring this weapon as a primary delievers to the promise they made for this game which was ''Skill based gunplay''.
Im down for removing it as a primary or decreasing the body damage in 100m to 80 like most other sniper rifles. Maybe they should do a poll for it tho.. Like in-game? Cause not everyone's on reddit or twitter.. Im sure alot of people like it the way it is even tho i truly dont like it!
Message 6 of 7 (489 Views)

★★★ Guide

this gun is trash:D any sniper in the game can easily kill the guy with this gun bcose he need to be proned and proned targets just meat

Message 7 of 7 (469 Views)