Bomber Plane Rear Gunner - 360 Range of Motion Normal?

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Bomber Plane Rear Gunner - 360 Range of Motion Normal?

[ Edited ]
Champion

Most of the time when I'm in the 3-seat bomber and play as the rear gunner, I can only turn about 180 or so degrees. But, as you can see from the image below, I can swivel 360 degrees. I'm able to do this maybe 10-20% of the games I play. I'm not sure that this is normal... if it is normal, then doesn't it give an unfair advantage?

As you can see from the image, I played on the British side in Sinai Desert in Operations.

Untitled.png

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 4 (727 Views)

Re: Bomber Plane Rear Gunner - 360 Range of Motion Normal?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Hi @SterlingARCH3R yes it is normal, that feature is unique to the Airco DH.10 which happens to be the standard bomber now assigned to the British faction. So it appears on the maps:

• Cape Helles
  • Fao Fortress
  • Giant's Shadow
  • Heligoland Bight
  • London Calling 
  • Sinai Desert
  • St. Quentin Scar

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 4 (697 Views)

Champion

@RanzigeRidder2 Doesn't that give an unfair advantage to the British side, when enemy 3-seat bombers can't do the same? 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 4 (685 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@SterlingARCH3R yes it does, and I have no clue why this imbalance was added by Dice.

The Airco DH.10 is a vehicle introduced in the Battlefield 1: Apocalypse expansion.

It is practically identical in function and performance to other bombers, except for the unique ability for the vehicle's rear gunner to rotate 360°, allowing them to fire forward.

It replaces the Caproni Ca.5 bomber for the British Empire and Royal Marines factions.

Taken from: Here

However my guess is that it's not perceived as big as an issue by the community due the following:

1. Bombers are hardly used, and let's be honest why would you if you have a multikill machine a.k.a. Ilya Muromets heavy bomber at your disposal? And out of the 4 available regular bombers the Airco DH.10 seems to be the least used: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/vehicles/bomber
  2. If used at all, the gunner seats are rarely used what they are intended for, they are rather used as a taxi seat to quickly get to an objective. And that basically goes for all planes passenger seats.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 4 (677 Views)