Original Post

Blocking

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: UFC 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? BigBoi072
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) I honestly don't remember the exact time, but it was as soon as I updated the game.
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 1/22/21
What is your time zone? EAT - GMT + 3:00
Which mode has this happened in? Other
Summarize your bug While the new blocking system obviously has a lot of potencial, at the moment it almost looks robotic. Rather than there being a motion or movement, the arms move so fast it almost seems as if they teleport rather than move normally. It looks very unrealistic and quite frankly bugs me to death.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Block on any mode of the EA Sports UFC 4 game
What happens when the bug occurs? The fighter's movements look robotic while blocking. As if they teleport from one place to another rather than move.
What do you expect to see? Very grateful to whoever reads and addresses this issue, I just want the blocking to look more realistic in the way that it moves. Instead of moving so fast that the arms almost teleport from one place to another I hope to see it change to where there's actually a motion or movement of the arms from one place to the other in a realistc way.

Again, thank you to whoever both reads and addresses this issue. The problem is with the blocking. While the display looks incredible there's one issue I have, and that's with the movement. Or the lack of, as instead of moving smoothly from one place to the other the arms (when blocking shots) seem to almost teleport from one place to the other. The movement that occurs while blocking is so fast it doesn't look realistic at all, like you would expect to see in a UFC game of this caliber. Instead, it almost looks robotic and as if you missed a frame between the time the block was attempted to when it was fully up.  In my personal opinion as well as in the opinion of many others I have come across this issue MUST be fixed in order for this game to look as realistic as a game in 2021 should LOL. The inhuman movement that is shown during blocking almost makes me feel as if I'm playing a UFC game from back in 2009,.Thanks again for the time, I look forward to seeing the future progression of this game!

Message 1 of 5 (861 Views)

Re: blocking

Community Manager
@CodyPearce209 Moved your post from the bug forum to game information for discussion. Looking forward to a discussion on the new changes to blocking post patch 7.0.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (821 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry I've also come to realize the main issue that occurs isn't as much as what the arms do as they are blocking (while that is so fast it looks unrealistic as well), but the way the arms move after a block. The arms, again, move so fast after blocking it almost looks as if they teleport from place to place rather than move in a realistic motion. It absolutely bugs the crap out of me and I'd love to see the problem get resolved. I love the direction this game is going in though, and I look forward to future updates!

Message 3 of 5 (816 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CodyPearce209 This will take little damage while fighting with any fighter.
Message 4 of 5 (762 Views)

Community Manager
@CodyPearce209 Will pass that along. Not sure if something like that can be changed quickly since it involves animation, but again I'm not from a developmental position. Do you see it with specific fighters or all of them?

If you're able to link a video here where you see it demonstrate teleportation I'll pass that along. Let me know where you visually see it in the video by timestamping it.

Thanks!
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (727 Views)