Re: Block notifications from other apps

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

Block notifications from other apps

★★★★ Guide

When in a battle, rivals should block notification from other apps. When you click on a upper hex and suddenly a notification pops out then you just leave the battle and give a free win to your opponent.

Message 1 of 14 (788 Views)

I don’t think an app has the ability to take over your entire phone. I sure wouldn’t want it to. You can place your device on Do Not Disturb to avoid interruptions. That’s probably the only way. 

Message 2 of 14 (767 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It would be silly to turn DND on and off when in and out the game

Message 3 of 14 (758 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can tell how annoying this is... another app informs you of something whilst your in a battle, the next moment, you accidentally switch apps and you lose a match that's part of an event. Its just as annoying as getting a disconnect during an event and losing more than half the matches in the event.

Message 4 of 14 (757 Views)

@xrmiao4 Yeah well, what’s the alternative? To allow an app to take over your phone. If the operating systems allowed that, there goes your phone as far as security goes. An app doesn’t have access to your core phone systems for a reason. There’s too much chance for abuse.
Message 5 of 14 (744 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

It would be silly to turn DND on and off when in and out the game

That is precisely what you need to do if you want to achieve what you want to achieve. Wink

Message 6 of 14 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xrmiao4 wrote:

When in a battle, rivals should block notification from other apps. When you click on a upper hex and suddenly a notification pops out then you just leave the battle and give a free win to your opponent.

Why not go into other apps and try to disable their notification directly. There are a few apps that I know of that will try to constantly bombard you with notifications to try and pull your attention towards them. Of all apps, there is also the direct opposite that doesn't give any notifications, even in a decade or so. Those apps that try to bombard you with notifications must be taken care off, and give them a silence before starting your daily bounties. I would suggest silencing them 1 hour before the bounties and giving it a 6 hour silence. One notification that I would hate to hear often is that of a dinosaur screeching/roaring as a form of notification. Those occurred in the Jurassic park app that and that app has a habit of scaring the poop out of me.

Message 7 of 14 (727 Views)

It really is simple to just swipe your screen from the top or bottom depending on your operating system to get the Control Center and pressing Do Not Disturb.

One swipe. One press. Is that too hard to do?
Message 8 of 14 (707 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:
It really is simple to just swipe your screen from the top or bottom depending on your operating system to get the Control Center and pressing Do Not Disturb.

One swipe. One press. Is that too hard to do?

Sometimes, it should not be possible cause you need C&C Rival's notifications to tell you when your daily crate has arrived or your convoy crate. It will also help with your bounties on when they should arrive or when a tournament is about to begin. Some apps are just plain annoying, they give notifications and there's no way to silence them directly.

Message 9 of 14 (688 Views)

@EinarThePillager I’m talking about disabling Notifications while playing with Do Not Disturb. You don’t need CC Rivals notifications about bounties. You’ll see them after each game.

I’m not sure what you mean in regards to other apps. You can always disable notifications on a specific app for good through settings.
Message 10 of 14 (676 Views)