Bfv is basically unplayable

by zakdfk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bfv is basically unplayable

★★★ Newbie

Stuttering, lag, terrible hit detection, invisible players due to character skins that were released on accident, cheaters, awful assignments, not enough maps (only 2-3 are good), not enough weapons and many other glitches. Seems like dice and ea don't even care about the battlefield franchise anymore, this becomes more apearent when they release an update and it breaks the game even more. I love battlefield, but I don't think I'll buy another. You guys have lost the trust of your consumers and it's gonna be really hard to get it back. Hopefully yall can fix this game and future games, best of luck... 

Message 1 of 20 (6,890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bfv is basically unplayable

Hello @zakdfk

EA / DICE Team is working hard on every Update and they never expect that something will broke that Update.. Yesterday, we had Hotfix Update because it was too much and EA / DICE wanted to fix it as soon as possible so EA / DICE care so much about BFV Standard smile

There is so much stuff coming to Battlefield V in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5!

Another thing is if you see any cheater / hacker , please use this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (6,825 Views)

All Replies

Hello @zakdfk

EA / DICE Team is working hard on every Update and they never expect that something will broke that Update.. Yesterday, we had Hotfix Update because it was too much and EA / DICE wanted to fix it as soon as possible so EA / DICE care so much about BFV Standard smile

There is so much stuff coming to Battlefield V in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5!

Another thing is if you see any cheater / hacker , please use this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 20 (6,826 Views)

@zakdfk 

Not enough maps is subjective and we literally just got a new one. As previously mentioned, there was a hotfix to address the hit detection and stutters and they are looking into what makes characters invisible (this can't be manually exploited as it's on client side so I don't know what you mean by the skins that were released by accident), and there are plenty of weapons - we also just had a new one release...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 20 (6,816 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

How bout all the hacks?? Gonna fix that anytime soon? Or hardcore?? tired of shooting people 5x and they turn and 1 shot me...?? How bout upping the damage from bolt action rifles??? it's a joke.. why play the class if only a headshot kills?? Ping cap??? SOOOO many broken parts to this game... it's sad...

Message 4 of 20 (6,782 Views)

★★ Pro

I actually had a really bad time playing this weekend related to the invisible soldier bug and the damage indication bug. In fights I´m often getting 150+ damage dealt shown on screen yet I still get killed and the enemy keeps going with mostly around 50% health left. Watching back these scenes the dealt damage aligns with the hits I´m getting and the damage the weapons do. Most of these situations are close quarter fights and take 1-2 seconds, so there is no way, that the enemy can heal that amount of health during the fight. There isn´t another emeny behind them, so there is no penetration and my ping as well as the enemies ping is below 50ms. Am I the only one felling like this got even worth with the hotfix from last Thursday?

After this weekend I doubt, that the invisible soldier bug can not be exploided. I can not see a correlation with any map or gamemode, but more and more often for me there is a whole four man squad partly invisible and nobody else. I don´t want to blame anyone, but it looks a bit suspicious having an organised squad with the same clantag all running around invisble at the same time...

Message 5 of 20 (6,757 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Nomadpro1 

Well, it's not like they can just flip a switch and get rid of hacks... As I constantly say here,  all you can really do is just keep reporting players (with proof) and it will eventually get weeded out. You can also buy a console if hacking is that much of a bother.

It's been known for a few months now that Hardcore will hit after Summer; I don't know how it will exactly work with everyone looking the same but it's definitely coming... Hit reg is complicated with the Frostbite engine and the team is looking into it. They've already fixed it in certain aspects so it shouldn't take too long to get to a good spot for everyone across all regions and platforms.

Ok, you understand how crazy it sounds to want to buff weapons that already do ~75% damage on normal shots, 1 hit HS kills at all ranges (for all but the 2 medic weapons at extreme ranges), and shoot their bullets at very vast velocities, all while the class can use the environment to almost go invisible while prone and shoot flares or use a mega OP spotting scope to tell exactly where the enemy is? You can kill people with multiple bullets if you're a bad shot... Just use the Zh-29 with a 3x scope if all you want is kills - it's a very fast shooting 2 hit kill weapon at all ranges with a fast reload, it's completely broken so maybe now you can get some kills.

I'll agree there are broken aspects of the game but there's no point in focussing on things out of their control.

Message 6 of 20 (6,741 Views)

@N4v1s 

They said it's all client side - there is no way a player can make themselves invisible on purpose, but yes, it's definitely a problem for a lot of players.

Your guns are hitting for proper damage, it's just the damage indicator that shows up on screen that is wrong so it's advised you don't rush someone thinking you've done 99 damage to them; just fall back to save yourself some future grief.

The team is looking into that and many thought they had fixed it but it appears people like you and I were negatively affected by the last patch. Next one should *hopefully* solve things.

Message 7 of 20 (6,739 Views)

★★ Pro
@TTZ_Dipsy I know they said that, it is still very suspicious to me, that I saw an organised squad being partly invisible to me.

Well I guess I´m just a bit frustrated, because the game work quiet well for me, untill 2 weeks ago. The two bugs (invisible soldiers and the damage indication) force me to play way more passive, than I like to be.
I still love the game and after BFH and BF1 it is a hugh step in the right direction.

@Nomadpro1 I really think you are pretty much alone with your wishes. Bolt action rifle have always been a one shot kill weapon to the head only, with a few exceptions like sweetspot sniping, pickup weapons, anti material rifles and very close range (<2m) sniping. Most of these exception didn´t make the gameplay experience any better. Yet again hardcore is soon to come. But if you are a long time BF player you should remember, that on most hardcore servers back in BF3 and BF4 bolt action rifles where banned. They did that, because even on hardcore a one shot kill is overpowered.
Why play a class that does only kill with headshot you ask? Because it requires a lot of skills to consistently be hitting those headshots. But if you manage to master those weapons you are pretty much undefeatable. Furthermore it is really rewarding to hit consecutive headshots, making it the most fun to play class in BF in my opinion.
Message 8 of 20 (6,722 Views)

Community Manager

@N4v1s 

The team originally thought it was faulty customization options, but it's a random occurrence existing on the client side. Perhaps that squad knows a way to exploit this and we encourage you to report suspicious behavior to the team, or maybe it was by pure luck they all experienced it at the same time. Either way we're not able to go into specifics as to what is causing it to avoid others from taking advantage. Freeman went into more detail on this in the post here.

This is tasked as a high priority and stay tuned for more information from the team around this in the near future. Personally experienced this myself and I totally feel the frustration around it. We're all gamers over here too and know invisible players can pose a big problem. Thank you for hanging in there for us.

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 20 (6,704 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Blueberry Well in the end I´m killing these guys partially invisible or not! Wink It´s just gonna get easier as soons as this is fixed. It jsut has been a rough weekend playing, as I didn´t really experience to many issues before.
After all this could still become one of my favourite titles of the series. Increasing the skillgap with removing the 3d spotting and the new weapons mechanics as well as nerfing dumbfire weapon and removing the sweetspot mechanics made the game so much better for me. I just hope that the dev team will keep going this route. (please don´t add too many of the oneshot kill rifles)
Message 10 of 20 (6,683 Views)