Best way to level up units?

by h0yl5oxunin4

Original Post

Best way to level up units?

★★★★★ Novice

Been watching a lot of videos of good players and its been exciting working on micro and getting way better at body and path blocking etc. Im really enjoying trying to become a better player without tech etc. However the reality is I am always about 3 levels underpowered than my opponent. As I want to start playing players closer in level what's my best way to do this i.e how do most players get their units to that level? Can you simply wait enough time (seasons) and collect enough money along the way so it just takes time? Or if I am going to pay money whats the best thing to spend money on - promo offers, cards, diamonds for the rivals races etc? Tbh there are just so many things and options in this game I don't know what I should be buying or doing to get units better.

Here's to some fun more evenly matched battles.

Message 1 of 8 (1,073 Views)

Re: Best way to level up units?

★★★★ Apprentice

The wall in master league is too high for majority who don’t want to throw in more than a few AAA titles at full price worth of money to climb, the decision to make the economy like this is pretty much dumb and blocks higher level players. 

Simply there is no other way to level up than wait by use of your time. 

I would rather the rewards players number of games played and won as a currency that allow them to play a slot machine: on the three tier of cards, for six points, you get four epic cards a day, for four point, 10 rare cards etc. 

then introduce boost mode mode that is random in game mode nature, which winning two or three games in a roll gets you more gold and card boxes. Then make the level centric battles with medal challenge battles for lower rankers every time to up their game. 

As as long as player retained to play and rewarded for playing good, they will buy more premium currency to reward the dev, as of now, there are less and less engagement population the game is in a stalled and slowly decline mode. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,059 Views)

★ Apprentice

Definitely join an alliance and request Common card donations (helps to get gold to your buddies' pockets too!)  Depending on your opening style, I suggest utilizing your cloning chambers on rocket/laser squads or pitbulls/bikes because their defensive levels are real important in order to not fall hopeless behind from harvester pressure. Since you're playing without tech, are you opening with a Common unit to charge pads before even building harvester? I would suggest that you also prioritize on cloning that unit.  As you suspected, time is simply what you need to give the game (pocket monies doesn't even come close to matching what another month of playing will do for your units) but honestly, for talented and hardworking players you will always find yourself at least a bit underleveled because your skills are improving past players who have been playing for years.  Hang in there!

Memory's a bit foggy now.. but I also remember from my super underleveled days that if you master the nimble burst-attack units, they do a great job in bridging level differences. Keep them alive and even at a few levels lower, they'll still demolish the units they counter (example: Bikes in fighting DS, talons, venom; Phantoms; Orca (favorite!) and eventually the coveted Stealth Tanks).  

Message 3 of 8 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thanks @backtobatcounty that's super helpful! TBH i didnt understand cloning so never used it, just watched a youtube vid on it and giave it a go. Yes my style is always harvestor charge only because if i dont, i get rushed and have no hope of defending my own harvester with underlevelled units (buys me a little time). 

Also really great to hear from a player who has clearly pushed past a threshold. So many people here complaining about the unfairness of games, and while I feel that pain and it pisses me off as well, I guess the game is designed for long term use rather than binge gaming. That is not really clear and the devs would be smart to try to communicate that somehow to their power users.

Anyway, i will give cloning a go and try to get some of my main defensive units up to scratch.

Do you recommend spending diamonds on cloning or just using the free available ones?

Oh also, I started my own alliance when i first started as I didn't understand the value of joining an existing one. Why should I join one?

Message 4 of 8 (1,011 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Play at least 30 games a day so that the cloning chamber resets every day.  Always complete bounties for both factions, use fuel cans if the bounties aren’t units in your deck.

Playing that amount will take about 2 full seasons to level common units to 10- low 11.  With skill and viable decks that contain only one epic unit you can get to Tiberium towards the last week of the season.

Paying for anything to get crates is a waste.  Save diamonds you earn or  bought for x5 cloning chambers or the +1000 coins for next 30 battles.  

Do not spend real world money to take any unit above 11 unless you intend to spend hundreds of dollars on this game.  With an average unit level of 11 you can play the whole month in Masters league.  Playing with level 11 units isn’t that bad against level 13 but it’s awful in Tiberium where people role around with level 15 Rhinos like they are a tank.

The only real pain is deciding what rare units work for you and your deck.  You can’t really go wrong leveling up any common unit as they all have a use and get used the most.  Most epic units can be a level or two lower than the rest of your deck if you are not playing tech.

Basically if your deck is about maxed other than epics in the league you’re in it’s completely viable in the next league.  You know your deck is effective in Masters if you can maintain around a 55% win rate on over 100 battles.  Otherwise you might want to rethink your strategy.

Playing against higher level units never stops, its part of the game.  Most of the time it doesn’t make that big of a difference.  For example if you have a Talon to counter flames or shocks it also counters level crazy rifles.

Nod IMO is way easier to advance with, but you have to play both factions to maximize the free rewards.

Message 5 of 8 (998 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@h0yl5oxunin4 wrote:

Oh also, I started my own alliance when i first started as I didn't understand the value of joining an existing one. Why should I join one?

You can get up to 1500 (actually even up to 1590) Tiberium every day for donating cards to clan members. And you can ask for cards except Epics every 7 hours. It is much easier to get the cards that you want in a big clan than in a small one, thus small clans are not really recommended.

Message 6 of 8 (976 Views)

★ Apprentice

Real glad that you find it helpful Standard smile  And I totally agree that it would be great and healthy for the game if new players could be cautioned against binge gaming.  IMO, before lvl29(39?) folks should maybe only play 12 games per day for the clone vat (reduces timer by the max of 48 hrs) and the experience/credit bonus.  

I do suggest that you use diamonds on cloning vats bundles!  Mister_crac also highlighted that being able to donate is a huge boon for joining alliances:  while you're hungry for all unit cards in the beginning, before long, Credit will become the biggest limiter to upgrading levels.  Good luck~ hope you're progressing solidly!

Message 7 of 8 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If one needs a lot of credits, I have this tip for you: Wait for the next credits blitz and store up gems for it. Try to win a 4 or 5 out of 5 and purchase the premium track at your maximum capacity of gems. You should have around 30k afterwards, spend it all in upgrading units.

Message 8 of 8 (897 Views)