Best way to get rare hobbies/careers?

by MovieHelen

Original Post

Best way to get rare hobbies/careers?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been playing this game since it was launched earlier this year and I am a level 50. I have yet to be able to unlock the piano hobby or surgeon career.  Do you just have to buy those, or is there actually a possibility that you could luck into heirlooms getting them?   Most of the time now I rarely get anything for my heiloom trade-ins. Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (600 Views)

Re: Best way to get rare hobbies/careers?

★★★★ Guide

Slim chance you'll get them through heirlooms, but I've heard of people getting them that way so, not impossible. If you just have to have them you're more than likely going to have to pay for them. I doubt at this point they'll do a quest you to earn the heirloom. 

Message 2 of 3 (574 Views)

Re: Best way to get rare hobbies/careers?

★★★★★ Expert

@MovieHelen wrote:

I have been playing this game since it was launched earlier this year and I am a level 50. I have yet to be able to unlock the piano hobby or surgeon career.  Do you just have to buy those, or is there actually a possibility that you could luck into heirlooms getting them?   Most of the time now I rarely get anything for my heiloom trade-ins. Thanks

Like @ShaNoodle9 said, there is a chance to get them from heirloom tickets, but its slim and i noticed most of the big ticket heirlooms that we really want either cost 600 simcash or around 50 each of the heirloom tickets.  50 tickets in green can normally buy you a 3 star level trait when it is featured on the left hand side of the ticket section.  The careers are the same, but are normally either cash price or 50 purple or blue tickets.

Theres also the mini quests that pop up, though as we saw with the dancer instructor one this past fortnight, you have to be on those quest activities constantly to reach the end.  Keep your eyes open for those mini quests though because ive seen photographer and dance instructor that way so far.  I wish I have known I could’ve gotten the extra clothes for the dance instructor quest though, cos I would’ve done it from the beginning instead of doing it last minute to get the items i didnt get with the original quest.  Anything to increase that wardrobe!

Message 3 of 3 (459 Views)