Re: Best sliders to deal with the penalties (please!!!)

by setaylor1

Original Post

Best sliders to deal with the penalties (please!!!)

★★★ Apprentice

Can someone advise me on the best sliders (or tuner or whatever setup) to stop my CPU teammates from taking slashing and hooking penalties? 

Playing on all-star, it seems like my teammates won't stop attempting stick lifts and slashing everyone. I'm seeing 10+ penalty kills a game with 6 minute periods. My current work-around is to take control of every defender who is close to the puck, in hopes I can avoid stick-lifting before someone commits a foul. I really don't want to turn penalties completely off, and setting "CPU penalties" slider to 0 doesn't even work.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (4,398 Views)

Hero

@adgrant35

To reduce your teammate AI penalties you have to lower the sliders on the human set. There are stick checking sliders too. Try putting them to 50 and see how it goes. Lower them as needed.  It might take some fine tuning, but finding the right slider set for yourself is a huge benefit for offline play. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 2 of 5 (4,379 Views)

Try fiddling around with the aggression slider - this should compliment the CPU Penalties slider nicely. If you notice certain players getting penalties more than others i would take a look at their stats to see if it's just their nature to do so. Sometimes a small tweak to the attribute slider(s) is all you need too

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 5 (4,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play Franchise Mode with custom settings. For penalties (and I tried several versions of these settings), I took my sliders way down to CPU/HUMAN:10 almost across the board and now the games are somewhat normalized in the penalty department. NHL19/PS4 franchise using full sim and all-star mode.

Message 4 of 5 (4,220 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

update to this; after working with a lot of different people and testing things, the best option was to go back to 1.01 tuners. with the 1.01 tuners I can run games with pretty good levels of penalties. still a little too much 5 minute boarding but its much better

Message 5 of 5 (4,067 Views)