Being Left Alone in HvV

by SomethingSp0opy

Original Post

Being Left Alone in HvV

★★★ Novice

Hello! Not sure if this is the best place for feedback, but I find it pretty frustrating in HvV when all your teammates can just quit the game and leave you alone to fend for yourself. You spend all that time in the beginning making sure both teams have an equal number of players, and then any number of players can quit, and the game continues like normal, leaving you either no standing chance and fighting until your inevitable loss, or forfeiting. 

Anyway, that's all until I come back to complain about Anakin's force choking as a Jedi, or how the funnest time I've had in GA was when the heroes only cost 1000 battle points.

Message 1 of 8 (745 Views)

Re: Being Left Alone in HvV

Community Manager

@SomethingSp0opy 

Thank you for dropping us some feedback! I totally get where you're coming from, hard to have a good time when you're left to solo the opposing team all by yourself. Frown (unless of course, the Force is amazingly strong with you)

Do you have any thoughts on ways to keep players in a match and avoid quitting? Any incentives or features come to mind?

Also, does this happen right when you join a game or after playing for a while? It can see it happening if you just joined a game and a large group of buddies just hopped off. After so many games, I can see friends leaving each other to shift towards another game mode.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (722 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SomethingSp0opy I disagree with your opinion, if everyone leaves, why YOU don't just leave and look for a new lobby?
It takes time yes but you can't want to punish people who just left the game for different reasons.

When I play with random teammates and see our team is massive losing (like 50: 30), I quit the lobby and look for another one.
I don't want to play match where my teammates are to bad, that makes no fun to play so I quit. It is simple and easy. If a match is now fair balanched or am I on the winning site, I stay of course.
It's nothing to loose a close well balanced match, but it is annoying to loose a match with a result of 0-48 for an example.

A good hint is, that you look out for friends and play with them together.
Message 3 of 8 (713 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sometimes it happens while you're still waiting to start, which I assume is due to people not wanting to be on the side they got put on, but most of the time I've noticed it happens when you're pretty into a game. If there could be a way for the game to pause when the number of players change to wait for another player, that'd be great (and I realize that would mess with the flow of gameplay, but I think having to forfeit or having no chance of victory has a pretty big effect on gameplay too). As soon as enough players are added, there could be a 3 second countdown so you can get prepared to pick up where you left off in the fight. Or, possibly an easier way is to have some sort of consequence for players who frequently drop out, like kicking them out if the game or HvV for a day or two, however I feel people will find a way to work around that. I think either one would incentivize playing a whole round as having the game paused would be inconvenient, and negative consequences for dropping out frequently could effect the player being able to play the game period.

Message 4 of 8 (710 Views)

★★★ Novice

Then perhaps a change needs to be made in the matchmaking, where it actually matchmakes you with players who have similar stats to make the games less one-sided. I dont leave because I personally dont like quitting just because I'm losing, as unfair as it may be. It becomes even less fair for the other teammates when someone leaves and it becomes even more frustrating. I dont like the thought of cheesing my teammates, as this mode relies on teamwork, an all the teammates to be present.

Message 5 of 8 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SomethingSp0opy wrote:

Or have some sort of consequence for players who frequently drop out, like kicking them out if the game or HvV for a day or two, however I feel people will find a way to work around that. I think either one would incentivize playing a whole round as having the game paused would be inconvenient, and negative consequences for dropping out frequently could effect the player being able to play the game period.

How I said, that's the wrong way. If someone needs to go offline, he needs to go offline. 

HvV is no "league" , ranked or "ESL" game mode, it is just for fun.

Another thing is, if you don't have any friends, it's up to you to change that, but to punish all players is definitely wrong. It will just occurs that nobody will play that game mode.

But if you really want to punish the Community and players, then must be a punishment for all game modes...

but how I said...

1st to punish all players is wrong

2nd the game is played by just for fun, there are not any ranked matches or game modes so a "punishment" system isn't needed.

If you don't leave the current match, it is your own fault.

A bad team without any other "connection" just the other "names" isn't really a team if they don't watch out for everyone and play together as a team. If the teamplay doesn't work, it is okay to leave the current match. You don't need to think about it if their are not your "friends" because they need to make the experience for them self.

I did notice the same thing on all game modes aswell even on battlefield V. 

I think the same way as you but to punish is wrong, sometimes their appears error's and a whole party left the game... like GA where arround 6 people leave in the middle of a match...

It's annoying yes.

Message 6 of 8 (669 Views)

★★★ Novice

I understand when people need to leave, that's fine, however, there is also plenty of time to quit outside the game in a way that wont screw your team. With that being said, sometimes it cant be avoided, but if it happens super frequently, that's either really bad planning, or excessive just to avoid losing. I think theres a difference between a "dud" player (someone who loads into the game but eventually gets kicked out due to inactivity) who very well may have had something happen, vs. when 3 teammates conveniently leave when our team is losing horribly. By punishing players who leave frequently, I mean the players who may leave 6/10 games per day because of losing, not like quitting once a day for a bathroom break or something.

If you have to keep leaving games, it seems we both need more friends to play with Standard smile

I admit punishment isnt the best option, but I just want to play to have fun, not to be left alone. I get more upset when I'm left alone than when the other team is unfairly destroying my team. Even when I have been left alone, those teammates weren't bad teammates. We would wait for each other, and make sure not to just run into battle alone, and then they'd still leave. 

We all just wanna have fun, and not all of us have a ton of friends to play with all the time. I just want to have the best teamwork possible for playing with strangers. I think the best option would probably just be to tweak the matchmaking so that even if there are only 8 people online, both teams are as evenly split as possible, because it is frustrating when every player on either the opposite team or yours are incredible, and the other team only has average or even less experienced players. It's usually very unbalanced.

Message 7 of 8 (641 Views)

★★★ Novice

I totally respect your opinion though, I just want to find something that could work for the vast majority, so no one has to leave or be left alone due to an imbalance in the force

Message 8 of 8 (640 Views)