Be a Pro Career mode suggestions

by Chris5626

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Be a Pro Career mode suggestions

★ Pro

Ever since player career mode/be a pro was introduced to FIFA that's the only game mode I've ever played. I get that different people want different things from a FIFA game and that's why there is a range of game modes but for me I want an immersive experience when I get to pretend to be a professional footballer.

Just wanted to share some suggestions for future FIFA games, I know we'll probably never see half of these but I think they would help to improve a mode that really has been neglected over the years.

I've tried to make these realistic suggestions, all things that can be done in the current engine but some definitely would be harder to implement than others and might not seem worth the time and effort versus the reward for the devs.

So with all that said, my list

1. Having the option of being able to start as a youth (with lower stats) or adult player.
  2. Having youth and/or reserve leagues/competitions.
  3. Being able to select more transfer rules when setting up the game, at present you can rule out transfers in first window, perhaps there could be the ability to an an exception for your player (so you can go out on loan for example) or to extend that transfer block for the whole season or forever so if and when you reach your fav clubs you can play alongside their current team. 
  4. More head models or face customisation options.
  5. Actually having contracts with your club.
  6. Having something to spend wages on which would therefore give you some reason to want higher wages (does anyone care about what wage a club is being offered when you offered a transfer?).
  7. Being able to negotiate offers from other clubs (wage, length of contract, starting date, preferred position, starting frequency, influence with manager, club aspirations etc) and possibly play them against each other (Man U will offer me X so if you want me City you need to offer me Y).
  8. Being able to be on the bench for the start of a match and come on (with an option to simulate the match until you are subbed on).
  9. Being able to communicate to specific clubs that you want to join them.
  10. Press interactions for players (nothing that complex but Football Manager does a good job of this, a few scripted responses and a 'tone') for performance, milestones, pre match, post match, transfer rumours/news etc.
  11. Managers changing jobs just as players do with high performing managers being approached by bigger clubs, poor managers being sacked and ending up at smaller clubs.
  12. More than 4 save slots.
  13. Player name not being skipped when line up or MOTM announced (if you have selected a commentary name).
  14. Long term crowd reactions to your pro (getting booed playing against a former club if you put in a transfer request to join a bigger club as one example).
  15. Interactions with your manager based on your reputation, their rep and management style (asking to play more, asking for a break, asking to play in certain competitions, asking to play in specific positions, asking for change of formation or style of play, suggesting transfer targets, suggesting players to keep hold of, requesting to play alongside certain players etc).
  16. Option to speed up game play for playing as a Goalkeeper so you can speed up phases of the game where you aren't involved at all (e.g when ball is in the opposing half you can have the game run double speed or something or go in to a more cinematic presentation).
Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Be a Pro Career mode suggestions

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @Chris5626.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)

All Replies

Re: Be a Pro Career mode suggestions

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @Chris5626.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)