Re: Bayonet kills in BF1 - Melee or not?

by theweeddoctor23

Original Post

Bayonet kills in BF1 - Melee or not?

★★★★ Novice

HI, not quite sure where to post this one but since it has to do with what counts as what in a game I thought maybe here?  I'm playing BF1 and I'm on Fog of War.  Just curious if the bayonet kill official counts as a melee kill in the game?

Thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 18 (3,037 Views)

★ Guide
Yes it counts as a melee but it's kinda like the poor mans melee... What you need is a good ole tactical, sneaky knife approach Standard smile
Message 2 of 18 (3,019 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks.  I'm trying to get both codexes in the level and I was hoping it wouldn't count as melee.  Is there anyway to kill all the Germans without using melee and without alerting them?

Message 3 of 18 (3,014 Views)

★★ Guide
Hello @Game_Thruz

Yes it does count as a Melee kill. I don't recommend it but it for sure does count!

Thanks, Zoie

If this answered your question please accept as solution or drop an XP
Message 4 of 18 (3,010 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there anyway to get both codexes in one run then?

Message 5 of 18 (3,005 Views)

@Game_Thruz

Well, at first....yea the Bayonet is a melee Weapon. But not sure as what it's counting for that what you'r doing right now.

Please tell me what Mission you'r playing, and what Codex Entries you'r trying to do!
What's the requests for them?

Greets,
Travis

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 6 of 18 (3,001 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Third mission, Fog of War, one codex requires the player to kill all the Germans without raising the alarms, which as I understand it means you have to melee them.  The other codex requires the player to not use any melee attacks.

So I'm wondering if it is possible to do both in one run rather than replaying the level, hopefully by some attack that's a one hit kill and if done right won't alert the other guards, and isn't melee.

I thought the bayonet charge might do it because you're not just whacking someone on the head like a normal melee attack...

Message 7 of 18 (2,996 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hello @Game_Thruz

Yes bayonet kills count as melee kills. I completed the melee medal with some bayonet kills.

Please give XP if this helped Wink

Best regards
Message 8 of 18 (2,993 Views)

@theweeddoctor23

Thanks for you'r input too, but Singleplayer can be different with counting melee Weapons for a mission requirement.

Greets,
Travis

Message 9 of 18 (2,990 Views)

@Game_Thruz

• Fog of War

Forest Combat Codex: Get through the forest without any melee kills.

Guiding Bess Codex: Get through the forest undetected.

Are this two Codex that what you need to do in this mission?

Message 10 of 18 (2,986 Views)