Re: Battlefront II on Macbook Pro or an original Xbox

by Konman456

Original Post

Battlefront II on Macbook Pro or an original Xbox

★★★ Newbie

What are my options if I want to play the new Star Wars Battlefront II? Will the game be compatible with either of these devices? Or do I have to buy a whole new console/PC for one game?

Message 1 of 7 (3,365 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@thackdaddy3000 Hello,

Unfortunately, Star Wars Battlefront 2 will be available on Windows OS only. Here is the system requirements: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront-2/standard-edition#requiremen...

So, if you want to play the game, you will have to install Windows OS (or buy a new PC with Windows OS) or buy a console.

Also, I removed your duplicate post and move this topic to the correct section.

Message 2 of 7 (3,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the help Preston, so buying Windows OS will work? That sounds like the cheapest option to me.

Message 3 of 7 (3,340 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can't say for sure, but in theory you can install Windows OS using BootCamp soft and install the game. Of course, there is a risk that the game won't work. I recommend to read more information about BootCamp and how to use it and make sure your Macbook meets the system requirements for the game.

The best option in my opinion is buy a console or a PC with Windows OS. Hmm,  I don't even see the point to buy PC because you have a Macbook. Buy a console, I think this will be a good choice.

Message 4 of 7 (3,335 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It won't run. It needs the 17.7.1 driver which is not for boot camp. I'm looking into other options.

Message 5 of 7 (3,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Macbook Pro mid 2017 Kaby 4.1.  Running Bootcamp win 10.

Battlefront II works perfectly. 

Do not bother chatting with EA about this topic as they state it cannot work on a Macbook pro, they are wrong.

Try installing graphic drivers from: https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/

Message 6 of 7 (3,030 Views)

Hero

@thackdaddy3000 wrote:

Thanks for the help Preston, so buying Windows OS will work? That sounds like the cheapest option to me.

@thackdaddy3000 It will depend on the MacBook Pro. You'll need a pretty good one to be able to run the game.

You can find your hardware specs by clicking the Apple icon in the top left and going to 'About this Mac'. if unsure, you can post the listed specifications here and someone will let you know if it's good enough.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (3,012 Views)