Battlefront 2 PC cutscenes are 30 FPS?

by RiasatSalminSami

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 PC cutscenes are 30 FPS?

★ Apprentice

Is this true that cutscenes in this game are 30 FPS even on PC?

Is there any way to unlock framerate for PC version? I need to know cause that was the only reason I was interested to get this on PC.

Message 1 of 6 (2,353 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 PC cutscenes are 30 FPS?

★ Apprentice

You lied!

Cutscenes are indeed 30 FPS pre rendered video!

Just because FPS counter shows 100 FPS doesn't mean the video is rendered at 100 FPS!  If the video files are 30 FPS, then there's no hope left.

If the cutscenes are rendered realtime, then theres slight hope of getting 60 FPS.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,554 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @RiasatSalminSami Its not caped to 30 FPS. It looks to be uncapped based on my own experience with cutscenes, I think the biggest fps I have seen have been around 1k in STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II cutscenes and that is using the FPS counter in Origin in game systems. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (2,346 Views)

★ Apprentice

I hope its not locked then.  Watching all PC gameplay footage from YouTube, it seemed like Gameplay was 60 FPS but just when cutscenes start, the game gets locked to 30 FPS.

Message 3 of 6 (2,339 Views)

★ Apprentice

You lied!

Cutscenes are indeed 30 FPS pre rendered video!

Just because FPS counter shows 100 FPS doesn't mean the video is rendered at 100 FPS!  If the video files are 30 FPS, then there's no hope left.

If the cutscenes are rendered realtime, then theres slight hope of getting 60 FPS.

Message 4 of 6 (2,555 Views)

★★ Novice

Would be really if they actually were real time.......it would blow spider man out.

Message 5 of 6 (2,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Is this for sure or just a supposition?

On YT there are some videos claiming 60fps 4K cutscenese, like this:

STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT 2 All Cutscenes (Game Movie 2017) 4K 60FPS UHD - YouTube 

Are them just interpolated at 60fps in post production, or there is a way to run them at 60fps (so they are actually real-time and not fmv?)?

EDIT: it seems so

Message 6 of 6 (382 Views)