Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

by WampaStompedYa

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

★★ Novice

The Xbox controller emulator works to a degree to shoehorn some joystick functionality into the game, just like Joy-2-key was a workaround for Battlefront 1. The fact remains the game continues to be broken and the developer could not care one wit about that. 

The controller setting in the key bindings is an unholy mess. You can reassign mouse buttons until you're blue in the face and it will continue to use default bindings no matter what. The key bind settings do register any input by a non XBox joystick, bun only in a super secret way because there's no column to see what's assigned or delete existing assignments. You choose a function and attempt to assign a control, then move the joystick and it picks up an axis or button and assigns it. Problem is you will never see that assignment anywhere, and anything already assigned from a stick, can't be reassigned to something else without deleting the prior assignment. And, opps, there's no way to delete assignments for a stick. 

Not a peep out of EA anywhere on this. This just demonstrates the complete disdain they have for their customers. Their only interest appears to be getting your money in the first place and never communicating with you when you find what you bought doesn't work right. Like the number of glitches in Battlefront one that remained through most of the life of that game, they might possibly release something to address a few of these errors only when they are about to kill the game for something new. This is the absolute last purchase from EA ever. 

Message 41 of 60 (4,566 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
frack ea, if they do not support controllers, they can * off, btw i had made an ticket with thrustamster, and guess what...its ea...that is not supportive....i m fed up with them after more then 20 yrs being aloyal player i am now a loyal get the frack of my computer ex client
Message 42 of 60 (4,181 Views)

Champion
I do remember the original starwaws X-wing game. So fun with a joy stick. Knowing it was designed for current controllers, doubt they would spend the time to realign the keys, but the controls section should allow you something like a mouse flight stick. It should be the same as the latest styles of mice that have wheels and other side buttons.
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 43 of 60 (4,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you tried to start the original X-wing games without a joystick plugged in, then the game wouldn't even launch which, as far as I'm concerned, is the true hallmark of a GREAT game!  I understand EA wants to reach a wider playerbase not all of whom own joysticks, but still, for flying a Star Wars fighter, the experience should be heightened with a joystick, not reduced.  Had EA done things right, the flying levels would be still playable but barely adequate with a mouse and keyboard, decent with a game controller, and utterly awesome with a joystick or HOTAS.  To quote another post I came across while trying to get my joystick functional with BF2: You remember in all the movies how the Xwing and TIE fighter cockpits had little keyboards and a little flat spot for a mouse for the pilots to control their ships in combat? Let's see some better support for proper hardware here EA!

Message 44 of 60 (4,054 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bump.

I need support for my joystick for Starfighter Assault. Please, i love this mode, i just want to have X-wing alliance memories

Message 45 of 60 (3,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes!  We need joystick support EA!

Message 46 of 60 (3,783 Views)

★ Apprentice

Come on EA!!!!   Flightstick support now!!!!    It would take 1 dev about 8 hrs. (I shift)   to do this.   Yet you ignore us...……..

Message 47 of 60 (3,718 Views)

Champion

It seems that this game only support xinput controllers. I have tested my directinput controller with an input emulater. It works fine. Though, I do know, it is not the solution for cool flight stick users. Devil

Message 48 of 60 (3,700 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes proper joystick support and control bindings is a must for those games on PC. Not going SWBF2 until that's done.

Message 49 of 60 (3,595 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I agree It's about time that there was joystick support on the PC for this game, not having it is spoiling the game mode that I would rather play.
Message 50 of 60 (3,336 Views)