Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

by WampaStompedYa

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you very much. So to me it looks like the mouse is for pitch and yaw control. If you would play it with a game-pad it would probably be fine.

In cockpit-view, which is the only view I need, you would also have a fixed crosshair, right? I am still optimistic, that they included joystick support.

Message 21 of 60 (5,541 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey, 

I played the Beta and the Trial with a Mad Catz Cyborg Evo Flight Stick.

I remapped the joystick buttons to keys using Mad Catz reporgramming utility and they all work well enough.

The main issue seems to arise after spawning in - every other spawn the controls go haywire and exhibit massive over-response.  Dialing down sensitivity makes no difference.  The only way to ensure flight control is to keep moving the joystick in large circles whilst in the spawn screen.  I speculate that the game isn't expecting responses from outside the game window that the mapped joystick allows - unless it sees them as it spawns in.  Weird.

I have had reasonable results flying with the joystick but I suspect the mouse might actually be better.  However this is Star Wars and a Joystick is indicated! When it works it has the same level of excitement the Star Wars arcade game gave me in the early 80s!

Message 22 of 60 (5,521 Views)

★★ Novice

I use the mad catz F.L.Y. 5. At least I tried to! It was the same here. Way too much response in any movement! I couldnt even adjust al the Buttons, the way I would like it. I tried to get Information (even on the phone from EA!) No straight answer... For now, I stick to the mouseplay. Its dissapointing. It would be great fun, if flight sticks would be supported.

Message 23 of 60 (5,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It's unbelieavable, that a company brings out a Star Wars dogfighting game without joystick-support. Only EA, can f*** up a game like that.

This is a k.o. criteria for me. I won't buy it, as long there is no joystick support with full axis choice.

Message 24 of 60 (5,459 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA wake up,  see the demands for this!!   get out a joystick patch so we all can have fun in this game!!

Message 25 of 60 (5,325 Views)

★★ Guide

OK, here's the cold, hard truth (I also really want HOTAS support, for the record):

HOTAS use is still considered very niche. Not enough people use them, and that small group of users is split into different games they play.

A company like EA, and many other behemoths, will simply not put dev time on developing something for such a small group of users. The (dev, qa) cost would simply, in no way, outweigh the benefit (happy, but very small group of players).

So, we can keep adding XP to this topic and letting EA know, at least, that the interest is there; just don't expect any miracles.

Message 26 of 60 (5,318 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yeah,

they should give pc users the joystick/hotas back

its the root for gaming.

EA give us HOTAS, WE PLAYERS MADE U BIG!

Message 27 of 60 (5,308 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I've been using my Logitech attack 3 stick with it. It's amazing. I'm better with the mouse aim but the feel of controlling the Falcon with a stick is awesome. The only complaint I've had with it is the lack of control button options since some buttons are already premapped
Message 28 of 60 (5,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

have they fixed the issue with the joystick "flipping" its axis when the mouse is moved??

Message 29 of 60 (5,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Best players use mouse+kb, like in battlefield 3/4 (country frag leader in fighter jets in 4 for some time..) Wink

Message 30 of 60 (5,229 Views)