Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

by WampaStompedYa

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

★ Apprentice

I bought a Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas 4 for playing Elite Dangerous.  I would love being able to use it in SWBF2 fighter squadron too.

Message 11 of 60 (7,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What do you mean with different targeting style? You steer your ship to aim, or am I wrong?

Message 12 of 60 (7,263 Views)

★★ Guide
Yes Standard smile
they've changed it from BF1. Now you have a separate reticle to aim with,you don't shoot where your ship is pointing.
Message 13 of 60 (7,260 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I watched many gameplay videos and I have no idea what you are talking about. It does not look like that.

Message 14 of 60 (7,254 Views)

★★ Guide
I see what you mean. It seems to be different between console and PC. Most of the videos I found show console.
Have a look here, around 6 minutes, for example. On PC you have to manually aim. https://youtu.be/lQnPUAb7cOo
Message 15 of 60 (7,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Your video doesn't show space fights. Probably the controls are different in this gamemode.

Message 16 of 60 (7,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
I played beta and now the trial,both on PC. Space or not, when you fly, the default movement keys are WASD and you aim a specific targeting reticle with the mouse.
Wasn't being rhetorical with my previous comment however. I'd love others' suggestions on how to use hotas and still be able to AIM properly with the mouse.
Message 17 of 60 (7,224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What does WASD do exactly? Don't you steer with the mouse, when you move the crosshair to the side of the screen?

Message 18 of 60 (7,210 Views)

★★ Guide

You do steer with the mouse. WS is throttle and AD does rolls.

The thing is, I just played another match, to make sure. You use the mouse to steer, but once you have an enemy in front of you, you start making much, much smaller mouse movements to target the enemy. E.g. your ship doesn't move so much any more; while your ship moves in a straight line, you're just moving the reticle very precisely to hit that small moving, leading circle in your enemy's path. I can't see doing it that precisely with the joystick. So I'd love to, unrealistically, be able to use the hotas to steer, but then also use my mouse to do the very precise targeting.

Message 19 of 60 (7,201 Views)

★★ Guide

Here. I just uploaded my latest play. Quality will be potato for a while, while YT processes the 1080P. I don't see myself doing this with a hotas, even though I'd love to.

( My daughter came in halfway through, so I was a bit distracted Standard smile )

Message 20 of 60 (7,198 Views)