Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

by WampaStompedYa

Original Post

Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

★ Apprentice

Can anyone in the community tell me if there is flight stick support in Battlefront 2 at release? I've been searching online for feedback from other gamers and can't find much of anything. An official word would be great as I'm trying to plan if I want to buy a flight stick, specifically one with HOTAS.

If not... please pass on to devs that immersion would go to an 11/10 if supported! I'm so pumped for Starfighter mode.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 60 (25,659 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 Flight Stick

★ Apprentice

I'm going to take the radio silence from the usually responsive EA reps on here that it's a no on support at launch?

Message 2 of 60 (25,550 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They think we're all millennials and play with xbox controllers... (sigh).

Message 3 of 60 (25,539 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I too would love to see HOTAS support!

I see threads on this but never any great dev response. 

Battlefield one eventually added it. Maybe there is hope...

Message 4 of 60 (25,509 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes! HOTAS support, pretty please!

Message 5 of 60 (25,493 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I threw away my money at SW-BF and Battlefield 1 thinking that being games based on a PC format that flight stick support would be native. Once I reached a flying mission in each, it wasn't even worth continuing to play.

Thanks for asking the important questions and to hell with you EA for not adding something that SHOULD be supported by default.

Message 6 of 60 (25,407 Views)

★ Apprentice

I never thought of this, but I love the idea of using a flight stick on Poe'/s X-wiing! 

Message 7 of 60 (25,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I find the thought of not using a joystick bizarre. This is the kind of game joysticks are made for.

Message 8 of 60 (25,340 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm glad for all the continual bumps this post has received over the weeks. It shows how great it would be if implemented. That being said, I've been playing the trial with a mouse and it's quite manageable to control.

I don't currently own a HOTAS stick and throttle but I will be ALL over it if there is a way to make it work.

Message 9 of 60 (25,331 Views)

★★ Guide
I was looking forward to this. But considering the different targeting style in BF2, I'm wondering how I would use one hand to steer, one hand on the throttle, how do I use the mouse to move the reticle..?
Message 10 of 60 (25,319 Views)